• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian RO23 scoop?

Celt69

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I am looking for a 5" bolt/rivet on RO23 type scoop for my '67 Belvedere in Canada. I currently have an early style Max Wedge scoop (metal) but don't really like the way it looks on this car. I have talked with the good folks at VFN and may just have to go that way as they are very upfront re: shipping cost. The problem is the shipping will cost more than the actual product (even worse when you factor in the poor $ exchange rate). I suspect even if I were to find one in Canada the cost would likely be the same regardless.

Any Canadians out there know of a source in Canada?

I bought one and the shipping wasn't bad. it's only a 3" though.

If you're close to the border perhaps UPS has an office on the US side where you could have your scoop delivered and you could go pick it up.

I bought one and the shipping wasn't bad. it's only a 3" though.

If you're close to the border perhaps UPS has an office on the US side where you could have your scoop delivered and you could go pick it up.

Unfortunately not QUITE close enough to be convenient, may have to just bite the bullet.

Yeah, that's usually what I end up doing too.

After looking at all the other manufacturers VFN's price looks quite attractive, even with the shipping. Now where is that bullet!

Whatever you bye do not buy from (Showcars body parts unlimited) in Canada. (Bob is his name rip off is his game!)

Whatever you bye do not buy from (Showcars body parts unlimited) in Canada. (Bob is his name rip off is his game!)

Don't know if that's personal experience, but I needed a new glass hood for my 67 Coronet a few years ago. Everybody in the states said it would be months, if they made one. Showcars made one for me in 3-4 days. When I drove there from Detroit, they were just finishing up the trimming of it. It was also nicer than my previous USA made hood. Just my personal experience.

thanks for the "heads up" badmopar67, much appreciated!

thanks for the warning guys, will order up from VFN, will be a wait but they seem to be reputable and responsive so...

Shipping my hood scoops can be an expensive nightmare when they are going to Canada. The buyer usually has a friend or a "Trading post" on this side of the border, and that is who I usually ship to. I even have clients who take a vacation to the USA and stop in to pick up their parts here in central Ohio. We ship a lot of our products all over the world and Canada is the hardest to ship to. We are Sled City Fiberglass, home of the warranty on cracking and blow offs.

Shipping my hood scoops can be an expensive nightmare when they are going to Canada. The buyer usually has a friend or a "Trading post" on this side of the border, and that is who I usually ship to. I even have clients who take a vacation to the USA and stop in to pick up their parts here in central Ohio. We ship a lot of our products all over the world and Canada is the hardest to ship to. We are Sled City Fiberglass, home of the warranty on cracking and blow offs.

I had sent Sledcity an email but never got a reply. If you are provided a FedEx account # does that make it easier? I appreciate your chiming in, your scoops look very nice on your site.

I had sent Sledcity an email but never got a reply. If you are provided a FedEx account # does that make it easier? I appreciate your chiming in, your scoops look very nice on your site.

Just finished speaking with you, thank you for your time. PayPal transfer is done, looking forward to my new Sledcity scoop!

Just finished speaking with you, thank you for your time. PayPal transfer is done, looking forward to my new Sledcity scoop!
I believe this transaction into Canada will be a smooth one. In the past, I got read the riot act by one of my clients from Canada, and he wanted his hood NOW! I explained to him that it was shipped out 3 weeks earlier and gave him the tracking number. I honestly thought that he had received it on time. He found it in customs at the border.

Hey glassman

Do you have these scoops in stock?? I need one for my 67 Coronet. I am in Canada as well (Ontario) but will be in Toledo OH next weekend for my daughters softball tournament so if your not too far away from there I could pick up??
Or I will be in PA in 2 weeks for another tournament and could get it shipped to the hotel.??

Let me know.
Thanks
Derrick

I think Glassman should start a ...Sled City North...Canadian division...lol
AL

I'd go for that!

- - - Updated - - -

I believe this transaction into Canada will be a smooth one. In the past, I got read the riot act by one of my clients from Canada, and he wanted his hood NOW! I explained to him that it was shipped out 3 weeks earlier and gave him the tracking number. I honestly thought that he had received it on time. He found it in customs at the border.

No worries glassman! Let me know when ready to ship and I will shoot you my FedEx number. Should be smooth sailing, at least it will be my responsibility to monitor it after you ship so if I yell at anyone it will be customs!

Hey Celt69

I sent Glassman an email through his website and have not head back yet; he must be busy. What was the price and turn-a-round time of his scoop?? I can ship to Canada through my own FedEx account # as well.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back