• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cancel Cam from the HELP! isle

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I just replaced my turn signal switch with a version from slantsixdan. It seems to be a quality product and so far works well.
The original 52 year old switch worked, but it would not cancel left.
So, does anyone have experience with a Cancel Cam replacement? I was thinking about replacing the old switch Cancel Cam as a back up, or spare.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...7/1968/plymouth/roadrunner?q=cancel+cam&pos=0
Thanks for any advice. Have a nice day.

You had me ready to get all pissed off again.
All this talk about the "Cancel Culture" has me on edge!
I thought the switches had the cancel function integrated as part of the entire assembly?

I thought the switches had the cancel function integrated as part of the entire assembly?
They do, but the ears break off and the cancel function is gone.

As far I have read, there has been diff experiences with them. Some successful some others not about how much last long on the electrical section.

Part of the switch but can be serviced separatelly

IMG_8002-650x365.jpg

It's $17.00 what have you got to lose! No really, I put one on my daily driver 65 Coronet and it works normally.
Mike

I thought those Help turn signal switch parts were too big to fit in 67 and earlier columns.

abodyjoe on the a body site in the electrical and ignition tab shows how to change an ignition switch on an a body. He does the turn signal switch at the same time. He has a lot of pictures of what order of things you need to remove.

As I see you found in another thread Bill, my repair cam (and "good" old stock at that) lasted 5 actuations before it fell apart. Forcing me to tear everything apart again and I bit the bullet and found an NOS assembly to do it right the second time.
beerestoration2019 1924.JPG

That one from O'Reilly's looks like it might have larger rivet heads holding the contact wires than the one I had. For $10 I'd grab one and see how sturdy it's held together before pulling anything apart.

As I see you found in another thread Bill, my repair cam (and "good" old stock at that) lasted 5 actuations before it fell apart. Forcing me to tear everything apart again and I bit the bullet and found an NOS assembly to do it right the second time.
View attachment 962336

That one from O'Reilly's looks like it might have larger rivet heads holding the contact wires than the one I had. For $10 I'd grab one and see how sturdy it's held together before pulling anything apart.
Yes I read your thread. I'm getting 50 50 on whether this is a worthy effort. The slant 6 Dan switch should last awhile. I was just thinking about refurbishing the original as a back up.

Turning switch is broken on the cancelling tabs anyway so it worths the try. Now, about the brand! Who knows. I think the quality on these shouldn't be hard to check visually.

Auto Transport Service
Back