• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't find LH wheel studs

SalineCO5

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
I can't find any left hand wheel studs anywhere. Does anyone have a source? I'm going to try the junkyard tomorrow.
I should have converted them years ago, but I figured why waste the money on something that was working just fine. But I managed to cross thread one and now I can't find a replacement!
Thanks

-Shane

I can't find any left hand wheel studs anywhere. Does anyone have a source? I'm going to try the junkyard tomorrow.
I should have converted them years ago, but I figured why waste the money on something that was working just fine. But I managed to cross thread one and now I can't find a replacement!
Thanks

-Shane

Shane, I can get them here in Montreal locally. Let me know if no one else gets back to you. Let me know how many you need and I can ship them off. I guess if it's for a B-body you need the 1/2" LH 10 times right? The are new and not junk yard take offs.

I have picked then up a NAPA, I think they were from Dorman, but you need to find a parts guy that will look a little deeper. Now the big ? why not just go right handed studs?

I agree, left hand threaded studs and lug nuts are a pain in the ***. Unless you're building a 100 point show car, or you have a true "survivor" car, I'd change em over to right hand thread and be done with it Just my .02 worth.

Richard

Shane, I am picking a few sets up for folks on FABO from a local shop that is run by an old Chrysler family. They have 7/16 & 1/2 RH and LH open lugnuts. If you need any, let me know by Wednesday since I will be driving over there to get them. I believe they should be $1.25-$1.50/ea plus SH. First class mail will probably be the best bet.

I agree, left hand threaded studs and lug nuts are a pain in the ***. Unless you're building a 100 point show car, or you have a true "survivor" car, I'd change em over to right hand thread and be done with it Just my .02 worth.

Richard

i agree with Richard..........whos gonna inspect your lugnuts anyway?

i agree with Richard..........whos gonna inspect your lugnuts anyway?

I agree Mark. The one thing that I remember about some of the left hand lug nuts, is that they had a small horizontal line cut into one of the edges so you would know it was a left hand threaded nut. I seem to remember that more on chrome aftermarket lug nuts, rather than on the stock steel style ones though.

Shane,

If you do swap over to the right hand wheel studs, DO NOT let anybody "pound out" the old studs on the front hubs, as they WILL do major damage to the hubs. Those studs are "swedged" into the hub and must be pressed out to avoid any damage to the hub.

Richard

Dorman is no longer making L/H studs. If you can get any grab them. AFAIK, they are not available. Heres Dormans website.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...-id=TEMP3433065hwrap1&vtime=70915&vtime=70915

If the guy from Canada can get you some take them. Not a large investment but down the road you never know who may need them.

Lug nuts are easily available, even Coker has them.

Be careful.. The studs for the 11" Motor wheel (RR) are different than the smaller brakedrums on other B-Body's

Good luck.

Frank

Thanks everyone! I hadn't had a chance to get back on here until this evening.

Frank - you are right about the studs for the 11" as I was able to get a stud locally but it was loose in the hole. No one has the correct ones.

GTXperience - Since I am a bit late in replying, thanks but I won't hold you up. You mention lug nuts, not studs?

Steve - Do you think the correct 11" drum studs are available? I can take a picture of one to compare against. Let me know.

Thanks again to everyone.

i snapped off three studs on my first Mopar before i figured it out.......boy, were they tight!

Good gravy, Year One has'em, pony up and pay the piper there, but they have'em.

Thanks everyone! I hadn't had a chance to get back on here until this evening.

Frank - you are right about the studs for the 11" as I was able to get a stud locally but it was loose in the hole. No one has the correct ones.

GTXperience - Since I am a bit late in replying, thanks but I won't hold you up. You mention lug nuts, not studs?

Steve - Do you think the correct 11" drum studs are available? I can take a picture of one to compare against. Let me know.

Thanks again to everyone.

Shane, if you let me know exactly which studs and how many you need, I will check tomorrow when I go pick up the lugs.

Just got back from Topeka KS (SCCA Solo Nationals). Didn't come in first, but didn't come in last!
Thanks for the offers of help, if anyone thinks they have a line on the ones I listed above in LH, let me know

Auto Transport Service
Back