• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car cover recomendations needed

northerndave

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
69 road runner, heated indoor storage, I don't want to break the bank, just want to keep the dust off it.

Any recommendations?

dave theres a lot of good car covers out there and they also make some that are like sheets dust covers

I'm personally very partial to California Car Covers. They have a cover for just about situation you have. All are custom fit and made in the USA!

I bought a supposedly 7 later one on Egag. It was a POS! The seams came apart and it was too small for the car. If you really want a good one and don't mind the cost I would suggest a custom fit cover. Since it's just gonna be a dust cover you could sew some old bed sheets together.

Hi Dave,
I have 3 different cars "under cover"
1. 1970 Superbee
2. 2007 Shelby GT500 (196 miles)
3. Vintage Corvette Stingray (my wifes'. I HATE Chevys)
4. Soon to purchase one more for my 63 Polara

I use California Car Cover company.
I have their "NOAH"

Why?

Because 7 yrs ago, one of mine "ripped" (my fault, I had a jagged edge on a drip rail and w/ the wind here in the Mojave Desert it began to tear) and the "Gal" told me to tear off the "TAG" on the front corner and they would replace it for free.

Sure enough, 3 days later I had a new one on the "Bee".

They also have great products, such as neat car theme T-shirts, signs for the garage/ Man Cave, car wax etc.

Great Customer service.

California Car Cover cpmpany.
WWW.CALCARCOVER.COM

Last edited:
Thanks bee-ski.

Snakeyes shared that link with me over in my project thread.

Just got the green light from mama on the "Dust top" Flannel material.

I love supporting US companies that actually make their chit here too.

Thanks guys!

x2 I had one on my old buick convertible that was kept outside...however it seemed to trap dust under the cover...probably because it was stored outside

Auto Transport Service
Back