• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another motor mount question

texas69bee

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I believe I need to change the driver side motor mount but I have questions.
I want to roll the engine to the right by jacking up the left side by the dust cover.
Do the bolts on the right have to be loosened or off?
Do I take out the entire bracket the mount attaches to… the one that bolts to the block.

I would not jack it up on the dust cover.
It is not that strong.
The way I have done the swap in the past is to pull both mount through bolts with a floor jack 2×6 piece under the pan and go straight up to the tunnel.
If you have a shroud you may need to unbolt it so it can float. If you have headers check for clearance and travel room you may have to pull header bolts so it will move around.
Unhook the battery if your moving the header.
Mount depends on room and if the center bolt will clear the bracket it should , you can allways pull the block bracket of but it's a cusser sometimes lol.

Last edited:
I would not jack it up on the dust cover.
It is not that strong.
The way I have done the swap in the past is to pull both mount through bolts with a floor jack 2×6 piece under the pan and go straight up to the tunnel.
If you have a shroud you may need to unbolt it so it can float. If you have headers check for clearance and travel room you may have to pull header bolts so it will move around.
Unhook the battery if your moving the header.
There was another article on here that I had read. The area they are talking about is a flat area on the block by the dust cover.
Was the oil pan fine after doing it this way?
Did you take out just the motor mount or the bracket it attaches to as well?

I read to fast, I thought you were going to jack it on the cover. Sorry.
I've been able to pull the mount after unbolting from the block bracket center and the through bolt.
You can allways loosen the block bracket also for some wiggle room.
I've allways been fine with a 2×6 on the pan as long as it spans across the whole pan.
One more thing do not buy a [ Anchor ] brand mount. They are junk.

I read to fast, I thought you were going to jack it on the cover. Sorry.
I've been able to pull the mount after unbolting from the block bracket center and the through bolt.
You can allways loosen the block bracket also for some wiggle room.
I've allways been fine with a 2×6 on the pan as long as it spans across the whole pan.
One more thing do not buy a [ Anchor ] brand mount. They are junk.
Thanks for the tips.
One more question… how high did you have to jack it up to do it this way?

Thanks for the tips.
One more question… how high did you have to jack it up to do it this way?
Your welcome, I go up until the trans bellhousing hits the tunnel.

Auto Transport Service
Back