• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car is coming back to life... I get a kick out of it

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
I've been converting my old race car back to street duty and in doing so, I'm bringing all the systems for street duty back to life. I get an enormous kick out of seeing little things like the non-directional turn signal flasher light on the cluster blinking back at me, seeing brake lights activate, head lights (high/low beam) and tail lights working, etc etc... I know that you guys probably feel the same when you get in your car, start it up and get ready to go for a drive. I'm getting close to the 'going for a drive' part; I need to finish a front end alignment, gear change from the 4.56 and spool to the 4.10 Powr-Lok sure grip and then I'll be good to go for a maiden voyage with a reborn MAXIMVS.

Chuck (snook)

Yep I got a kick when I put a battery in the 70 charger and seen the 4 ways working I bought that had been sitting since 2006. Glad you almost done with MAXIMVS Chuck, but are we ever really done :lol:

Sounds like fun, good luck...

I remember when you built it back in the Scat Pack days. It’s cool to see it‘s still around…

Your car was always one of my favorites. Good to hear from you.

Chuck (snook)

Your car was always one of my favorites. Good to hear from you.

Chuck (snook)

Thanks Chuck

I’m kind of doing the same thing as you, going through the various systems and repairing, refinishing and updating stuff in hopes of getting another 22 years out of it. Better to get it done while I still can, rolling around on the garage floor isn’t as easy as it used to be. On the plus side, there’s a lot better selection of parts than we had 20 years ago…

Thanks Chuck

I’m kind of doing the same thing as you, going through the various systems and repairing, refinishing and updating stuff in hopes of getting another 22 years out of it. Better to get it done while I still can, rolling around on the garage floor isn’t as easy as it used to be. On the plus side, there’s a lot better selection of parts than we had 20 years ago…
I'm really glad to hear from you. You and your car has always been an inspiration to me. Really glad.

Chuck (snook)

For you guys that don't know, Black Sheep's GTX is as close to perfection that I know. That black car with the black organisol stripes has always done it for me. Just a beautiful GTX.

Chuck (snook)

Yup, Black Sheeps GTX is a Bad MF.... Your ride is pretty sweet as well...

For you guys that don't know, Black Sheep's GTX is as close to perfection that I know. That black car with the black organisol stripes has always done it for me. Just a beautiful GTX.

Chuck (snook)

Aw shucks...

Auto Transport Service
Back