• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb suggestions

Red Cricket

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Hello All, I have a 65 coronet 440 with the poly 318. Im gonna need to rebuild...replace..or upgrade the carb. Its appears to be original carter 2290 2 bl. Im just going to keep it stock for now until gas prices come down. (HA HA) Just looking for suggestions on reliability and decent on fuel. Dont need to be original...or fast... just Good. Tks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hello All, I have a 65 coronet 440 with the poly 318. Im gonna need to rebuild...replace..or upgrade the carb. Its appears to be original carter 2 bl. Im just going to keep it stock for now until gas prices come down. (HA HA) Just looking for suggestions on reliability and decent on fuel. Dont need to be original...or fast... just Good. Tks for your thoughts.
I have the OEM Stromberg on my 65 Coronet 440 318 poly and it has a defective accelerator pump but, I'm putting off rebuilding it. Just nursing it along. I built a adapter and have a 2210 Holley 2 Bbl. to try but, nothing seems to be a priority lately. That stock carb will be fine to rebuild and is your most economical choice. On the other hand there are new 2Bbl.throttle body injection kits out there.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back