• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carlisle 2010

moparfanUSA

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Just got back from there for the 1st time. Nice to see such old cars. An old Cuda won with 96.5 points....lot of junk for sale along with the good stuff.
Did anyone else go?

I was out on Saturday.............Some great looking cars!!!!

Did you see the Indigo Blue with white top Hemi Dart? Absolutly Stunning Car,
I guess I can start a list of great cars that were there

I'm looking for the next Mopar show

Yes I saw it...very nice. Is there a bigger show than Carlisie?

I've been going to the Mopar Nats in Columbus for at least 15 years now. This was my first time at Carlisle. Got there Thursday and stayed until Sunday. I like it better! No noise from the racing, more swap meet vendors, cheaper food and drinks, better organized, and I wasn't getting run over by idiots in golf carts/gators/pit vehicles. Wide variety of cars from survivors to street rods and some cool oddballs including a fuel injected hemi Town and County wagon, a D600 cabover truck converted to modern Cummins power, a Mitsu van with a 318, rat rods, Rampages, lots of other sweet and interesting rides. My only beef is that the bikini contest judges were blind!

good to know, yes for my first time there, we had a good time, even the wife liked it!

That was fun, I enjoyed all the classics. The awards ceremony was a little off though. How does a modified SRT4 Caliber win the "Stock Neon" class?

Here are a few pics... I got Mr Norm to sign my Dart.

Carlisle 01.jpg

Carlisle 03a.jpg

Mr Norm 01b.jpg

Mr Norm 01.jpg

Carlisle 026.jpg

Carlisle 010.jpg

Carlisle 016.jpg

Carlisle 021.jpg

Carlisle 023.jpg

Mr Norm 03.jpg

This was my first time as well. I brought my mature beyond his years 10 year old Godson, and he ate it all up! It was fun watching him scour the swap meet pits looking for the parts that I needed for my '69. I found there were some bargains to be had. I scored a clean bare metal Power Bugle hood ($500.00), as well as a front bumper core ($40.00). Pitty work constraints didn't allow me to stay overnight. But my Godson made me promise to drive and enter the car there next year! You can bet on us being there! Thanks to all of those who made us feel welcomed while there!

I went and drove my 63 up. I had it in the show field Saturday and Sunday. As always I had a blast ! :yes: Ron

I was amazed to see my original vacuum canister again at Carlisle. I donated it to Ronni Steves' Charger (bless her) she never saw it completed. That car is #9 in your pics, Whitey.

Also what was cool was I saw a photo shoot at my hotel of the orange Superbird above and the silver hemi Coronet.

Hey, Whitey, nice pics. Did you see a yellow 70 Road Runner 440+6 at the Keisler display? That was me!

My favorite car is a Survivor, a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner, it is a turquoise car with a 383. It was beautiful and a great example of the factory's work. Before that I had NEVER seen a survivor and regret not having access to such a car. I met up halfway through Ohio with a fellow MoFan also from Chicago, he was driving a '69 Charger 440-4spd, he said he was going too but I never saw him. It was an F8 car with a black top and a stripe delete. LIC# RT SPD 4 from IL anyone see the car there?

I drove the 180 mile round trip with my 63 and drove around at Carlisle. It ran flawless with no trouble at all and never went over 190 on them hot humid 95 to 100 degree days. I was amazed how much fun it is to take your own car as so many people came over and talked to me and all were great nice people. There was a middle aged women who really looked my 63 over well and she seemed to really like it. But when you take your own car you wont get to see as much. Course I was not really looking for anything that I really needed for my 63 and its worth it talking with all the cool car nuts like me. :yes: Ron

100_1205.jpg

Here is the 1 of 2 Hawaiian 'Cuda and Dave Ferro coming to talk to the owner of another really hot Chally. plum Crazy Rules!:grin:

PIC_1250.JPG

PIC_1252.JPG

If you were there to just looking at show cars but a lousy year to sell anything.worst in 15 years ,half of the car corral was empty and people were scarce '

I went with my '71 Demon on Saturday. Alot of cool cars, but only a handful of Demons. Three hours to grt there, stayed three hours and three hours back home. Next year I will bring both cars and stay the weekend.

What color is your Demon ? Ron

Noise from racing? Man that's MUSIC. Sounds like the weather sucked too. I'll take Mopars at the Strip Las Vegas. Anytime.

Auto Transport Service
Back