• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle show

Escon1995

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
im going with my 65 coronet convertible in registered never been there will I get a safe place to park

Are you leaving the car on the fairgrounds? Can't say it never happens but I don't recall anyone getting ripped.

im going with my 65 coronet convertible in registered never been there will I get a safe place to park
You have just asked the Million Dollar Question. It a 11 hour + trip from your location to Carlisle, around 770 miles one way. The fair grounds will be much safer then the roads you'll travel. There will be many car owners that will be sitting on pins and needles that weekend, because the public will be walking around their cars holding a cup of soda maybe French fry's with drool hanging from their mouth. Carlisle Events has 24 hour Security on site but I do not think Security roams around in the dark with guard dogs. Get here safely, enjoy the event and get home safely. With your B body you would be in the Red Show Field, that's a nice location.

Security patrols at night on golf carts.
This will be my 15th year there and have always felt secure leaving my spots.

Ed

Carlisle is more organized and has better security than the Nats in Columbus. I know of a few cars stolen at the Nats!

Thanks I am putting car on trailer sleeping in state college then driving 1 1/2 hrs south one of the few times I get to drive 426 cross ram four speed cruise easy, the car last yr in Ohio but in the judge area security there was fine, I called and payed my 55 dollars will see you in the b body show area thanks again I hope the trip is worth it, they are bringing monster mopar back to Saint Louis

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa.– The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) today announced that its Cumberland County maintenance crews will begin an extensive two-month patching project along northbound and southbound I-81 in Cumberland County.

PennDOT advises drivers that crews will begin patching on the northbound lanes of I-81 near mile marker 55, between Exit 52 for U.S. 11 (New Kingstown/Middlesex) and Exit 57 for Route 114 (Mechanicsburg), as well as in the southbound lanes from the Susquehanna river toward Exit 61 for Wertzville Road. After those areas are completed, crews will focus on the southbound lanes from Exit 37 for Route 233 (Newville) to the Cumberland/Franklin County line. In addition to the interstate, patching work will also include several exit and entrance ramps. Work on this corridor is scheduled to continue through August.

Drivers are advised to use caution as crews will be working on the interstate from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. Crews will be working behind PennDOT trucks equipped with impact attenuators and traffic cones, with advance signage notifying of lane closures. Drivers are encouraged to slow down and use caution in the work zone. Fines are doubled for violations in work zones. Drive responsibly for your safety and the safety of the workers. Congestion and delays are possible; allow extra time for your commute and consider an alternate route.

Drivers can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 860 traffic cameras, 99 of which are in the Midstate.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

SOURCE: PennDOT

Heard it was Monster Muscle Car ( all makes and models )

Frank
IT's put on by the guy that did the Mopars at the Strip! The show bombed last year! Never say Never but MMW won't be back to St. Louis any time soon!

I have been told they combined some shows and or putting together mopar only at gateway in September, not fore for me, keeping fingers crossed you never know. 750 miles to Carlisle car on trailer leaving saint louis Thursday at 5 am playing golf Friday driving coronet from State College sat to the show if they bring gateway back, 12 mile ride

I have been told they combined some shows and or putting together mopar only at gateway in September, not fore for me, keeping fingers crossed you never know. 750 miles to Carlisle car on trailer leaving saint louis Thursday at 5 am playing golf Friday driving coronet from State College sat to the show if they bring gateway back, 12 mile ride
Be safe! Enjoy the show

Y 460, 2011 Cummins 2500
I'm leaving today soon, only 3 hr drive.
I enter my truck just to get in n out haha.
Towing the 5th wheel and as always, stay at Western Village Campground.
See Ya'll there

Auto Transport Service
Back