• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlstar shipping practices

Aarons Air

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
At the beginning of June i ordered 2, 15x10 keystone classic wheels. And 2, 15x8's through jeggs. They sent the 15x10s within a few days. The 15x8s were back ordered. Weeks went by and i called clueless jeggs for a reason. Then called the manufacturer directly. After making my way past the secretary, i finally reached someone with some insight. Apparently, Carlstar just moved the manufacturing location from Cali to S Carolina. And my order was ( caught) in the middle. Jeggs didn't bother telling me they only had 2 wheels. And it would be months before i got the other 2.
After weeks of more waiting Carlstar emailed saying, the wheels are finally in our california dist center. And i should receive them quickly, as he bumped it up to 2nd day air.
I emailed back asking if i had this correct. My wheels were just made in south carolina ? Shipped to a distribution center in california ? To be delivered to me,, in ohio? He said, yes, the plant doesn't direct ship.
Does this strike anyone else as ,,, stupid ?

Makes about as much sense as shipping me a package to AZ, and instead of going to a Phx hub, it goes to Los Angeles, then back to Phx, then to me...

Auto Transport Service
Back