• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars that they may fix one day

My 66 is still languishing after 20 years....owned it for 30 but at least it's been inside all this time and was garaged when it was running. Never thought life would get in the way like it did :( My youngest didn't come home from the hospital in it (only bought it a few months after she was born) but she rode in it many times in her first 9 years or so. It looked funny to see a car seat in a car with only lap belts in it lol. And she surprised me by buying a 70 El Crapino recently! It has a 327 (yep, 69 was the last year for the 27) with a cam and 3.73 gears. I hope she's not expecting some gas mileage from it. Haven't seen it yet but in the pics, it looks pretty good. I guess there's some hope with her yet :)

Edit: Btw, I just turned 68 and thinking that I might not ever get it back together.....

Still wonder, about two cars I saw, all in not only the same day, but on the same road within miles of each other. Both, to me, kinda good feeling stories.
Hy 199 going west out past Ft Worth. Me and the wife would go that way all the time, going to visit her folks in west Texas. Think the town was Alverado.

'I brake for Mopars!'. Saw a 69 GTX sitting beside a small frame house. Easy to see it had been there awhile. Stopped to ask about it, sell it? No. It was going to belong to her son, who then looked to be 10-12 years old! Was her husband's car, wasn't for me to ask anything else.
Always wondered if the 'boy' ever did anything with it. A hand-me-down story. Maybe he's here, as I speak!
A little ways farther down the road, turned into slam on the brakes, turn around, and go back for a look see! A candy striper! Sitting inside an oldish 3 bay shop, was a Dodge Ramcharger car! Couldn't believe it. (Figured it was a fake.) It wasn't.
Asked the guys there about it (they wouldn't even let me step into the shop), and was told Gene Snow had just bought the car. Probably sitting in a museum now.
Made for a good day.

Auto Transport Service
Back