• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caster numbers

Torkmnstr

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
What's the best caster you all have gotten and what setup? I'm running a Gerst setup and the best I could get was 3.1 and 3.4...I was hoping for more.

What's the best caster you all have gotten and what setup? I'm running a Gerst setup and the best I could get was 3.1 and 3.4...I was hoping for more.
Why? You really do not need more. What camber did you end up with?

I've done better than that with stock A arms & offset bushings.... Last one I did was over 4.5 on both sides... But FWIW 3.0 should drive pretty good....

Last edited:
Camber was about -1 on both sides, its the caster that I want for speed and handling stability..

I've done better than that with stock A arms & offset bushings.... Last one I did was over 4.5 on both sides... But FWIW 3.0 should drive pretty good....
With my red Charger, I was able to get 5.5 on one side and 5.0 on the other with stock arms and offset bushings.
Keep in mind....a car with a jacked up rear end will reduce the caster that you can get. I have my car set with a very slight rake, about 1 inch higher in the rear.

With my red Charger, I was able to get 5.5 on one side and 5.0 on the other with stock arms and offset bushings.
Keep in mind....a car with a jacked up rear end will reduce the caster that you can get. I have my car set with a very slight rake, about 1 inch higher in the rear.
Interesting, I'm just about an inch in the rear on mine too

IMG_0675.jpg

It all depends on chassis rake. Zero rake and stock arms with offset bushings can get up towards 4 degrees on some cars. Each car is different. What ever chassis rake you have reduces positive caster by a like amount. Also the more caster you add, the lower the outer tie rod location. Sometimes that helps, sometimes it hurts. You can end up creating bump steer if the tie rod is to low. So be careful what you wish for. You don't really need a ton of caster. The chassis rake on my racecar is about 3 degrees. Caster reading is 2 1/2+. It always runs between 143-150 depending on ballast and tune. Straight as an arrow. I compiled yhis info from doing well over 5000 alignments in my career.
Doug

If you want to continue chasing more caster fine, but what you have now is good.

Camber was about -1 on both sides, its the caster that I want for speed and handling stability..
What speeds do you intend to run? And where do you go to run those speeds?

Mainly when doing the occasional auto x along with freeway speeds etc.

A bit of a related question, does anyone have the part numbers for the Gerst made (not QA1) front suspension. I am minimally looking to replace the upper ball joints.

Thank you that's great info... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back