• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Castrol gtx classic on sale

pjm8047

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone that Walmart in my area around Syracuse ny has castrol gtx classic high zinc 20w50 on clearance 5qt jugs $19.00 and 1qt bottles for $5. I grabbed two jugs and four single quart bottles. Cant beat the price. Wont go bad

Has anyone tried the Castrol GTX classic oil? I have a 1967 coronet with 318 and typically use Lucas Hot Rod and classic Oil in 10W-40 with zinc. I usually have to order it but would like to have an option I can just pick up locally from my parts stores. In doing research I came across the Castrol GTX Classic product but only comes in 20W-50, but does contain zinc. Which is my main interest for my flat tapped cam.

FD62EEF7-10B0-4BCD-9EC8-DD565016E281.jpeg

Castrol GTX was what I used before they took the zinc out. That's when I switched to Valvoline VR1. 20W50 is what I use in most of my collection.

I haven't seen that. Will do some inquiring, thanks for posting

I saw it on clearance at Walmart for $19.00. I bought a couple of jugs, not sure when I'll use it.

I’ve used it and it works well. It was 25 dollars each now it’s higher and unavailable in my area. The vr1 was 25 now it’s 37 :( so i went on Amazon and they still have the castrol classic for 25 so I ordered 8

Just got a 5 qt plus 1 for the R/R and a WIX filter. FYI there is a video on Youtube Muscle Car Solutions channel about using Diesel oil. It features Lake Speed Jr who is an engineer for Total Seal I believe. Lots of tech on why not to use Diesel oil.

It was 19.00 and I’m guessing it’s because they probably won’t carry it anymore going forward. It was 25 here now it’s not available and vr1 went from 25 to 37.99

Amazon still has castrol classic for 25 shipped

I only heard of this zinc additive for old style cams in the last couple of years. I did back in the day… late 80’s thru the 90’s use GTX 20w-50 in the summer. But since the late 90’s til now all I’ve used is synthetic oil. Mobile One for the past 15 years. But I haven’t bought a flat tappet cam in that time. I’ve heard the cams are just crap. My 383 has the factory cam in it. No problems in 50k miles.

Jealous!!! Lol
I bought oil every time it was on sale, (an oil change on both my diesels is 24 quarts) until I put it all in one place (rearranging a mess of a garage) and figured out how much I had.
I try to ignore sales on oil now........

Damn it’s not coming back :(

Auto Transport Service
Back