• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

catalytic converter on 1973 roadrunner

definitely a leaky compartment issue, unless you drive around with your window open all the time. I just replaced all my door seals, trunk seal, and sealed every existing hole inside the car that didn't have a use. my exhaust dumps before the axle , and I cant smell a thing other than the new seat covers. . .. and my car runs rich

cats are for dogs ... to eat
I had the same problem when I first got my old Belvedere, After ten minutes of highway driving I was dizzy and nauseous. Tried tuning and several other fixes until I replaced the rubber trunk seal. Problem solved, no more fumes or smell in the car. Cheap and easy fix.

If you guys are worried about the smell maybe you should sell your mopar buy a Prius and get some air freshener trees..... I just can't understand this.... but to each his own....

I don't have an issue with the smell...to me it smells like muscle car. Its the other half. Complains her clothes smell of gas, blah blah blah. Happy wife, happy life.

The windows are ALWAYS down, so yes that's causing a back draft into the cabin. I might try installing a wide band system first depending how cheap I can get one.

It's hard to get her to ride in the car anymore because clothes and hair smell like a "lawn mower"

Tune it. To me putting a cat on it is just stupid...

I don't like an overly rich running engine either but I wouldn't try to fix it with a smog device. .... If that is the logic then how about an air pump, evap system and a lean burn distributor too....

Just tune the thing.

Even if you were burning oil and had a cloud of blue behind you, it shouldn't come into the car while you drive. It doesn't matter what the engine tune is, fumes entering the cabin show that there's another problem altogether.

Auto Transport Service
Back