• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCW - what do you carry?

Now I'm wishing I took a pic of the 37mm projectile at the indoor range on Sat. The blasted thing weighed as much as my S&W MP 9mm.

View attachment 380741
I think I'm going to restore the gun one of these days it's been used alot!

Don't bother letting the factory restore that as they will charge you about $350. You will get back a great looking gun that's been shot a lot and still worth whatever the current market is and that model. It's like a car, it's only original once, enjoy the battle scars and shoot it proudly as is.

So many to choose from. Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22, Glock 21, Canik tp9sa, Ruger Speed-Six. Can carry any concealed or open carry here in NC.

A Sig Sauer .40 Cal P229
OR
A Taurus .45 Taurus MILLENNIUM PRO 145, 45 ACP
Both concealable

Taurus:

View attachment 380216 View attachment 380215

Sig Sauer:
View attachment 380215

I bought the Tarus G2 Milinium 9mm, sub...13 shot, its probably my favorite. I can drive nails with it at 15yds and it's a 1/3 of the weight of my Springfield 45 or S&W .40...
Everyone laughs at Tarus but for the last 20+ years they have put out quality pieces that rival any others.

Colt defender 1911
:thumbsup: :45

wm_8901505.jpg

I usually carry a Ruger LC9, slim, light and easily concealable. But I also carry a few 1911s, one being a Caspian I built with an officer frame and commander slide.

Glock 17 and a 21 (.40 and .45) depending on how I'm dressed but now that we can open carry, it doesn't really matter anymore how I'm dressed. I still like to keep concealed but now it's not illegal so accidentally showing won't get ya in trouble now. The 21 is still pretty decent looking but the 17 looks like it's been to hell and back so the 17 gets the nod the majority of the time. It still shoots pretty decent even when dirty. I threw everything else into the Gulf of Mexico last time out :D
Sir, I believe the Glock 17 only came in 9MM unless you have modified it.

Personally it is no one's business what I carry concealed. Why does anyone want to telegraph what they carry. It's about concealment and not about macho bravado now isn't it. But post away and then everyone on this forum board and the internet will now know what you do and do not carry. Just foolish IMHFO:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::usflag::usflag::usflag:...cr8crshr/Tuck
Sir, I believe the intent was just polite conversation. If you ever bought a gun through a gun shop, rest assured you are on a list... Down South, we are proud of our cars and our guns. We have what is called a "Barbecue Rig" which is usually a very decorative open carry holster worn at barbecues etc. They show off the gun and the holster. All that said, I tell my kids and grandkids to never tell anyone what I have and I tell them why. They get it.
BTW, I'm in my 40th year now with the USAF, 26 Active Duty, 14 Civil Service.

Sir, I believe the Glock 17 only came in 9MM unless you have modified it.
You're right about that....and have no idea why I typed 17 instead of 23. Anyways, the 23 went on to reside with the soon to be X and I replaced it with a 4th gen 22. Kinda surprised that no one else caught that mistake after all this time. Not that many Glock people here maybe?? :D

If I get another .45, I'll be looking at this or the Hi-point. How's the Glock run and feel?
Sir, guns are tools. After many years of having to half *** what I could afford in my guns and tools, I finally started buying the best I could afford. Later, I would trade the best I could afford and some cash for the best one made. Mind you, you will only get half what you paid for but that gave me what I needed to get what I really wanted. I've heard Hi Points do run but have never shot one but brother, they are butt ugly! And they seem to be way oversized, it would hard to conceal even their 380.

You're right about that....and have no idea why I typed 17 instead of 23. Anyways, the 23 went on to reside with the soon to be X and I replaced it with a 4th gen 22. Kinda surprised that no one else caught that mistake after all this time. Not that many Glock people here maybe?? :D
I had a 17, 22 and 31. For some reason I am stuck on 357 SIG, the kick causes you to come way off target but it settles back down nicely. The 17 and 22 had to go, along with an M1 Carbine to cover costs on my new motor. It was worth it, very much so.

I'm down to just 3 hand guns now....4 if you want to count a little Rossi .32 revolver that my dad left behind. Didn't even know he had it and wonder why he had such a little weapon like that. Ammo for it ain't cheap and it's not accurate beyond 15 feet. He probably took it away from someone on a job site that threatened him with it. He had many friends but there were some that he pissed off over the years. Hey, if you don't piss off someone along the line, you're doing something wrong lol

I'm down to just 3 hand guns now....4 if you want to count a little Rossi .32 revolver that my dad left behind. Didn't even know he had it and wonder why he had such a little weapon like that. Ammo for it ain't cheap and it's not accurate beyond 15 feet. He probably took it away from someone on a job site that threatened him with it. He had many friends but there were some that he pissed off over the years. Hey, if you don't piss off someone along the line, you're doing something wrong lol
My old boss said he judged his flight line supervisors by the comments on the bathroom walls. If your name wasn't on the wall, you weren't doing your job!

Sir, guns are tools. I've heard Hi Points do run but have never shot one but brother, they are butt ugly! And they seem to be way oversized, it would hard to conceal even their 380.

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid! I know they're tools, and I know the Hi-point is ugly. But what does that have to do with carrying? I don't see anywhere where I said I was going to CCW it in previous posts, do you? I already have my carry pistol.

Depends on what I'm feeling like but it will either be the glock g22, Sig 1911cc, or the s&w m66
Mini14 in the truck

Everyday- Springfield XDS 45
Hiking and hunting- the XDS 45 or Springfield XDM sub 9MM (my wife likes the 9MM for plinking)
On the river- Taurus Tracker 4" for the "snakes"

If I get another .45, I'll be looking at this or the Hi-point. How's the Glock run and feel?
From an ad for the G36. "The Glock 36 is a six-round, .45 caliber subcompact semi-automatic pistol designed for carry-and-conceal use."
Pardon my assumption, you brought up a pistol generally considered for CCW. I wasn't sure where the High Point fit in. I wasn't trying to pick a fight, just trying to offer some advice.

Auto Transport Service
Back