• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

center caps or not (looking for opinions)

shawn880

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Just want opinions. Its a 65 Coronet with 15" steel wheels. When I got it, it had smooth chrome center caps for the front and nothing on the rear. I have ordered some for the rear to try to match and I couldn't get them to fit. Now, im thinking about the 66" dog dish ones which I feel look pretty nice. I just want opinions on this. Should i go with a center cap (which ones), or just go without as it is? To me I feel it needs some sort of center cap. Here are pics of the ride and of what I would like to go with.

Thank You,
Shawn
1965-dodge-coronet-500.jpeg
tempImage8U27O8.png
tempImagee1VsfI.png

If keeping those wheels I would put dog dish caps on it..

I like it the way it is. Be different.
Not a fan of white letter tires lately, used to be from go, not a fan of cop wheels, but somehow I was convinced that cop wheels without caps and with white letters gives it an old nascar look (not even sure that is accurate), which I greatly appreciate, even on my old clunker.

20220910_190801.jpg

I like it the way it is.
Not a fan of white letter tires lately, used to be from go, not a fan of cop wheels, but somehow I was convinced that cop wheels without caps and with white letters gives it an old nascar look (not even sure that is accurate), which I greatly appreciate, even on my old clunker.

View attachment 1609304
when I got new tires, it had white letters in. I thought about it and like the white out. Im with you as far as that goes. Not sure about no caps. It just looks off to me. we all have our opinions and styles though and to each his own.

I vote no caps and RWL tires. Then again, Im biased. lol

Photo0420.jpg

Good thing is, you can always take the caps off in 5 minutes!

Add the caps please. A12's might be cool with the unfinished look but nothing else is.

It's all the rage these days, the blacked out wheels "murdered" look.
I've never cared for it myself - the car looks unfinished to me that way, or at least it looks like
it's waiting for it's final, finished wheels to show up. :)

Yes you need to measure your wheels where the caps go. Do you have 10" or 9"? Then you can go shopping for caps. See photo. The dodge caps in your photo are 10"

1967 B body was 10" caps the entire year. I had a car with 7/5/1967 build date with body color wheels and 10" caps.

811E27B7-9EBB-4958-ACC6-109596BF955C.png

Auto Transport Service
Back