• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

center caps or not (looking for opinions)

Mopar has some slick looking dog dish caps. They need to be on body colored rims I think.
No caps? The rims should be black and the lug nuts chrome.
You can mix dog dish and trim rings for a more formal look.

With caps. I run a few different caps sometimes.

70RTSE1.jpg

Picture.jpg

20210530_123448.jpg

I've never seen a 15x8 wheel that takes 10" 66/67 caps.
I have 67 caps on 15x8 wheels on my 67 Barracuda.
Is 66 the same size as 64?

These are custom made, fits 10" caps.
Going on my 62 Dart.
Fronts are 15x5.5, rears are 15x8, possibly wider, but have M/T L60-15, equal to 275/60/15 which are not as squared off.
Fronts are actually Plymouth wheels, judging by the number of smaller holes and/or placement around the stud holes, iirc.

20230704_124755.jpg

I have 67 caps on 15x8 wheels on my 67 Barracuda.
Is 66 the same size as 64?

These are custom made, fits 10" caps.
Going on my 62 Dart.
Fronts are 15x5.5, rears are 15x8, possibly wider, but have M/T L60-15, equal to 275/60/15 which are not as squared off.
Fronts are actually Plymouth wheels, judging by the number of smaller holes and/or placement around the stud holes, iirc.

View attachment 1609697

I almost added "unless they were custom made" but figured people could assume that.

...or I should have specified factory wheels.

Put some real wheels on the car! The dork dishes are boring and way overdone! The torque thrust wheels that were suggested would look perfect on the 65 Coronet. So many better wheel choices! I ran dog dish hubcaps back in the day....said no one ever!

Last edited:
or I should have specified factory wheels.

Clarification, I had 14x5.5 on my 67 Barracuda with the 67 cop caps, put those caps on to a set of 15x8 in the rear.
67 sbp wheels take the 9" caps.

You stated 10" 66/67 caps, I was questioning when the caps went from 10" to 9", my understanding was it changed to 9" in 1967.

Just trying to figure it out.
Found this:

Dog Dish Hub Caps
There ARE two different sized cop caps - the '66 - older and the '67 - newer. They are different diameter. The statement holds true that the cop caps will fit 13", 14" AND 15" wheels of the respective era. The big cop caps fit all of the early wheels, and the small cop caps fit the newer wheels. Except Imperial, which never had a provision for a cop cap, of which NO cop cap will fit them!

Here's a look of some different combos on mine....the all black setup is cop wheels with powder coated rallye caps...

20190829_181434 (1).jpg

20230408_163952 (1).jpg

newwheelssideview.jpg

i have these i don't need. they are the 9" caps. they need a good polishing and re-paint.
:drinks:

P7270014.jpg

P7270015.jpg

P7270016.jpg

I think it depends on your budget. If you have the coin, there are many good after market choices. If you are more budget conscious, I think the black car with the caps give it a more polished factory look (as others have said). If you want the 'Day 2' look, the maroon car with the hood scoop, steel wheels, chrome lug nuts & white letters out give it a more aggressive appearance. Just go with your gut - you're the only one you have to please.

Just want opinions. Its a 65 Coronet with 15" steel wheels. When I got it, it had smooth chrome center caps for the front and nothing on the rear. I have ordered some for the rear to try to match and I couldn't get them to fit. Now, im thinking about the 66" dog dish ones which I feel look pretty nice. I just want opinions on this. Should i go with a center cap (which ones), or just go without as it is? To me I feel it needs some sort of center cap. Here are pics of the ride and of what I would like to go with.

Thank You,
Shawn
View attachment 1609297View attachment 1609295View attachment 1609294

Caps look better for everyday cruising

Auto Transport Service
Back