• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center console help needed

440plus6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I am in process of tidying up my center console on my 69 Charger and have a silly question. My console door is loose and wobbly, I found that 3 of the 5 studs holding the hinge to the door lid are stripped. does anyone know if these studs are replaceable? I found the acorn nuts on mega parts, but no mention of the studs if in fact they are even removable??
Help fellas, please. driving me crazy

Mike,
Do you mean epoxy the nuts down or do the studs screw out?

What I do is thread them. Remove the door. Run a size of fine thread that will properly thread the stud. Run the thread die all the way and then flip the die and you can get a couple extra threads due to not having the taper doing the cutting. The taper side is fine for getting started but you will get a better job flipping the die once the threads are established. Then just buy some nuts from a hardware store. I get the nuts with the encapsulated star washer. They hold tight.

If they screw in
I dont believe they (studs) are removable. I was going to attempt exactly what @pnora suggested, now with added confidence after seeing his reply.
20240405_130309.jpg
20240405_130341.jpg

I agree with you. I am going for this fix this afternoon.

pnora, yes, I surely did! I followed yours and RC's advice. Worked like a charm with a 10-24 tap and going easy. Thank you for the advice and guidance, much appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back