• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centerline Wheels On The Rallye

terrywalker

Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
I had Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires mounted on the Centerline Drag wheels and put them on the 74 Rallye. I've been getting mixed reactions from people who see it. Some like and some don't. I got the wheels for free - I just had to get four new center caps for less then $100. I bought the Tiger Paw tires for $48 per tire and they are brand new. DOT date is 1122. I'm into the set up for less than $400 for all 4. At first, I wasn't sure I liked them but my 17 year old grandson loves them. They have grown on me since we installed them. Here's a couple of photos taken recently.
Terry W.

Charger Challenger Sept 2022 -3.jpg

Wheel & Tire Combo.jpg

They look great.... but then, I'm prejudiced. I have several sets of centerlines.
Definitely 2nd day period correct.

I ran the Centerlines on my drag car for many years, They are a very clean line. Look great.

I have centerlines on my Dart. It came with them on there and while I didn't like em at first, they have grown on me.

DSC04192.JPG

"some like them and some don't"... who gives a **** what "some" think, its your car it only matters what you think.

I think they look great. I have to say, I do have them on my 72 Sebring plus. I’m thinking of getting a set for the truck.

Are they the street certified wheel or the race only wheel ? The race are not designed for side loads.

How do you tell the difference in the wheels between street and race? They are 15" x 7".
Terry W.
There isn't any, they are all street wheels. I have run every size centerline you can imagine on the street with no problems. 15x7 would probably be the most common and most street-safe of the bunch.

I ran Centerlines on my drag cars for many years. They were always certified for street use.

I've never seen a 73 with round side markers. Something you customized, or could they be bought like that?
I can't stand those rectangular plastic 72 and up marker lights,they look like they belong on a utility trailer,and can be bought at Harbor Freight! So I put 68 Charger marker lights in my 73 Charger. It has the 71 Hidden headlight grill and 71 Charger R/T taillights too.

This mainly for vintage rims.
Wheels are NOT all the same. Aftermarket wheels will have a DOT certification stamped ( or sticker) onto the backside of the rim.
The early Centerline wheels were not DOT. They were changed later.
Most racing wheels, tires are not DOT certified for street use.
Just look on the backside of the rim.
The early wheels also had a warning to use bias ply tires only.
It will say for racing only only have a DOT stamp.
Shouldn't say things you don't know about.
Everybody has a story of how they used this or that, but that doesn't mean it was actually safe or proper.
Just that you lucked out and didn't have a problem.
If you are ever unsure about a products usage, contact the manufacturer.
Lots of misinformation thrown about on different websites...
The original Centerline Wheel Co. Went out of business in 2017.
Centerline Home page.

Last edited:
I can't stand those rectangular plastic 72 and up marker lights,they look like they belong on a utility trailer,and can be bought at Harbor Freight! So I put 68 Charger marker lights in my 73 Charger. It has the 71 Hidden headlight grill and 71 Charger R/T taillights too.
That’s the biggest reason I like the 68s, those beautiful little chrome surrounded lights!

Auto Transport Service
Back