• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ceramic coating

Stroked438

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Ceramic Pro Ceramic coatings. I am supposed to take my Coronet to a shop that specializes in detailing high end cars. They have been doing the ceramic paint coatings for a couple of years and swear by them. I have not even seen a car in person that has been coating but I am really interested in doing my car. It is a 65 Coronet that is painted black with PPG single stage paint. It looks beautiful but is a major pain to keep clean. They claim with the coating, no more need to wash it, just hose it off. They offer it a couple of ways, a 1-2 year, 5-6 year and a lifetime warranty. They treat wheels, tires and glass. Shows up on Carfax as a lifetime warranty product on the paint. I have good insurance and so does the shop but I would really rather not have issues.

I an considering the same thing, they also told me it offers a slight protection against stone chips and light scratches, would be interesting to know:popcorn2:

I don't have any personal experience yet but I recently ordered some AvalonKing ceramic coating for my Honda . I just haven't had a chance to clay bar it and properly prep it for the coating yet. It was about $60 with a coupon and from what I have seen on YouTube, its a legit product and last MUCH longer than a wax. I think you will get even better results from a pro shop but I can't justify that kind of money for my wife's daily driver.

It's what we used to call at the car dealership.... Mop and Glo. There is a product that comes out almost every year that claims to "simplify your life and make you cars finish maintenance free or even impenetrable.

Best thing to do is get your car detailed by a reputable detailer and make sure it has a good coat of Carnuba wax once a year. Sorry but chips happen, all you can do is keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you. The gimmicks just deplete the wallet, I don't mind an entrepreneur but we've had the snake oil salesman since the dawn of time, because of that I do a lot more research today because the Internet tends to have a whole lot of "generated" hype over products so it takes time to sift through everything.

My $0.02 worth.

JB

Is this something like Zagtek? I bought a 5 year plan of application for my Lexus. Looks good every 6 months when I have it ap0ied. Not sure it’s any better than your average wax job. A dealer add on for us.

Is this something like Zagtek? I bought a 5 year plan of application for my Lexus. Looks good every 6 months when I have it ap0ied. Not sure it’s any better than your average wax job. A dealer add on for us.

Absolutely, anything a car dealer sells is snake oil and it costs $500 or more. I used to get a $50 spiff for every package I sold, I was good and had 60% penetration so that usually got me a $500/month bonus. Your money is better spent on a good detail every year on our older cars because those "wax" packages work the best on factory paints.

Auto Transport Service
Back