• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Challenger brand 2 post car lifts. Opinions?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
I've had it with doing repairs and restorations by laying on my back. The limited clearance, the awkward positions to do the work....
I'm buying a 2 post car lift. I need something that gives full access to the underside of the vehicle. I've considered BendPak but also Challenger and a few others. There is an authorized Challenger Lifts rep in town here, He quotes $3500 installed for a 10,000 lb rated commercial grade lift. I'm interested in anyones opinion on this brand.
Thanks, Greg

Last edited:
i don't know that particular brand but there isn't a whole lot that can go wrong with them. the price is reasonable for installed and its capable of 9000lb so it will be a little heavier than a 6-7000lb. i like that the rep is close so if there is a problem you are not arguing with someone on the other side of the country, if your lucky. if there is a problem it will show up fairly quick and probably due to the install. down the road about the only thing it might need is a cable adjustment but if it is just for your use don't count on it. i have had mine for 7-8 years, 10,000lb, and i put my dually up a couple of times a year, 8500lbs, and i haven't had no issues from first install, touch wood,lol. the cars don't fizz on it.
- make sure it is certified, ulc-ucl, whatever it is down there. the price is right installed.

Good luck Greg - I can't help you with brands from this side of the pond - BUT, I'm putting a new lift in my garage right now. I actually hooked up the hydraulics and ran it up and down today for the first time. It is Chinese of origin and 60% of the price of a Bendpak...

They certainly are not difficult to install if you are considering it yourself.

I saw this the other day from a USA lift company - what a great idea, as some jobs are best done with car lifted by wheels, but a 4 post lift can impede access -

http://www.mohawklifts.com/wp/consumer/automotive-lifts/specialty-items/tire-engaging-adaptors/

wheel_adaptors_0209.jpg

Greg, I have a 9000 lb 2 post Asymmetrical lift at my shop at home. It has been in service now,for over 14 yrs with no problems or issues. They are also capable above their ratings and this is built into the unit. I have had dually trucks, well over 9K on my lift without issue. My lift bay has 14 ft ceilings, so I was able to add a two foot extension on mine. This helps tremendously when working on a conversion van or tall truck. You can still walk under without the top of vehicle being stopped by the upper limit bar. We do repair work for a limited amount of customers here at the shop, so the lift gets used almost daily.I definitely recommend the Challenger lifts. I think I paid $2800 , but that was 14 yrs ago and I helped install the unit. I'm 58 now and would probably not own my Hot Rods if I had to crawl around on the ground. You won't be sorry if you buy one.

Attachments

• 114-1481_IMG.jpg
    114-1481_IMG.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 114-1477_IMG.jpg
    114-1477_IMG.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 355
Greg, I have a 9000 lb 2 post Asymmetrical lift at my shop at home. It has been in service now,for over 14 yrs with no problems or issues. They are also capable above their ratings and this is built into the unit. I have had dually trucks, well over 9K on my lift without issue. My lift bay has 14 ft ceilings, so I was able to add a two foot extension on mine. This helps tremendously when working on a conversion van or tall truck. You can still walk under without the top of vehicle being stopped by the upper limit bar. We do repair work for a limited amount of customers here at the shop, so the lift gets used almost daily.I definitely recommend the Challenger lifts. I think I paid $2800 , but that was 14 yrs ago and I helped install the unit. I'm 58 now and would probably not own my Hot Rods if I had to crawl around on the ground. You won't be sorry if you buy one.
I can't see the lift there is something gorgeous and orange in the way that I can't stop looking at

OOOOOOooooh, a 70 Charger. My favorite too!
Thanks guys!

We installed a Challenger Asymmetrical lift here at work a couple years ago. Very nice lift.

Ran my car up the first time just a little while ago, certainly gonna make life easier. Good luck with your choice Greg.
20150114_150821.jpg

I should also mention that the lift comes with a ONE year parts and labor warranty. Pretty cool.

Good luck Greg - I can't help you with brands from this side of the pond - BUT, I'm putting a new lift in my garage right now. I actually hooked up the hydraulics and ran it up and down today for the first time. It is Chinese of origin and 60% of the price of a Bendpak...

They certainly are not difficult to install if you are considering it yourself.

I saw this the other day from a USA lift company - what a great idea, as some jobs are best done with car lifted by wheels, but a 4 post lift can impede access -

http://www.mohawklifts.com/wp/consumer/automotive-lifts/specialty-items/tire-engaging-adaptors/

View attachment 232727

thanks i am going with a two post but this opens up some nice options for the lift.

I bought a Quality Q10 lift, now owned by Challenger. It goes a full 4" higher than any Challenger lift. I'm 6'6" and can walk under a car without bending over, using the extensions provided. I wish it was a little wider but works great. My ceiling is 14' and I added the extensions which takes it to 13'8" high.

The man is coming over to install the lift tomorrow. I edited my original post to reflect that it is a 10,000 lb rating. He had red or blue, so I went with RED. I have several tasks lined up that I want to do. Oil changes, Tire rotation, trans leak in the Charger to fix..... This lift will be great for underbody detailing too.
I'll post up some shots soon. Thanks, Greg

Here we go.
I helped with the installation. It was cool to have a hand in the process. The man had a forklift to unload stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

It was easier than I expected to install.

- - - Updated - - -

$3400 installed. I had to lift the Charger first!

Attachments

• Car lift 3.jpg
    Car lift 3.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Car lift 1.jpg
    Car lift 1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Car lift 11.jpg
    Car lift 11.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Car lift 10.jpg
    Car lift 10.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Car lift 9.jpg
    Car lift 9.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Car lift 15.jpg
    Car lift 15.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 279
Awesome! I'm well overdue for a lift but I don't have the ceiling height. Congrats.

Just wondering what the minum celling height can be for one of these lifts ?? Would love to have one but I'm thinking my cellings are not high enough ugggh!

The columns are right at 12 feet. When I built the shop, I had a car lift in mind. I had "scissor" type trusses built allowing more clearance than flat trusses. There is 13"6" of clearance at the ridge.

Auto Transport Service
Back