• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changing to hemi badges

68rrdream

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm just curious. If someone put a hemi in a belvedere or roadrunner that wasn't originally a hemi car would you prefer to leave the original badging or switch it to hemi?

No right or wrong answers just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this.

I knew a guy that put a 427 in a Nova, and kept the 327 badges. Was the winner of a lot of stoplight drags... :thumbsup:

I like to keep'm guessing. My Bee's hood scroops have never had badging on them and most have no idea what HP2 means on the Satellite !

I am putting a 472 Hemi in my 70 Charger R/T SE it will have Hemi badges on it! I already have the bumper sticker on it!

20220509_194414.jpg

When my dad bought the car in 1971 he took the Hemi badges off. He always said “let them find out on their own”. When I had it restored i put them back on.

Ok. So either way it isn't looked down upon in the community?

In the days of street racing and money was involved, you wanted the sleeper image, now that has changed and you want people to know what you have done.

As long as the car actually has the Hemi engine to back up the badges, I don't see it as a problem. Putting Hemi badges on a 318 car with a 318 engine in it just tarnished the reputation of the Hemi when you get your *** handed to you at the stoplight!

I have a 528" Hemi in my Challenger. Still says 426" though. Not that it is a sleeper by any means.

IMG_8666.jpg

123_1(2).jpeg

I say put whatever you like on it. I had a 71 Cuda 340, 4spd car that I got as a roller and restored it back in the day. I put a 69 hemi in it, used the 'mickey mouse mounts' to set the engine onto the 340 Kmember. I had 340 4 bbl emblems on the shaker, but ran tge hemicuda shaker emblems when I went to shows. Friday night, off came the hemi emblems, on went the 340 emblems, lol. Handed quite a few guys their lunch thinking they were picking on a 340. Lol. Great memories.

Auto Transport Service
Back