• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

charger hunt

barbee6043

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
O K, I'M A MEMBER HERE AND FABO, RIGHT NOW GOT SEVERAL A CARS.COUPLE OF KEEPER PROJECTS, 2 FOR SALE. OR TRADE? OR SWAP FOR PORK BELLIES!!?? lol JUST RETIRED, MORE TIME THAN $$ for sure, BUT I HAVE=THIS GNAWING URGE FOR ANOTHER EARLY B BODY PROJECT, OR ESPECIALLY ANOTHER 66 OR 7 CHARGER. I LIVE HERE IN SOUTH MISSOURI. CARS ARE SCATTERED AROUND IF YA CAN GET INFO ON WHO HAS WHAT. NOT CALIF CARS BUT GENERALLY WAY BETTER THAN RUST BELT CARS.
I ASUME I'M COORECT HAT OUR R ECONOMY IS STILL FLAT AFTER HOW MANY YEARS,!!?? THE MOPAR COLLECTOR CAR MARKET IS SOFT. !!?? SINCE I HAVE SOME TIME, I STUMBLE ON TO SOME CARSOCCASIONALLY... FOUND PERSON WITH 3 CHARGERS FOR SALE AS PACKAGE DEAL ONLY. THEY ARE HOUR OR SO AWAY, HAVN'T MADE THE TRIP TO LOOK YET,,, WHAT I'M WONDERING IS ....IS THE 66-7 CHARGER CROUD ACTUALLY BUYING CARS, PROJECTS, PARTS CARS, ETC. OR IS THERE LITTLE ACTIVITY??? I WOULD LIKE TO GO SEE WHAT THESE CARS ARE I WANT A DECENT PROJECT AND IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN THE OTHER TWO... WELL. NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANY MONEY HERE, JUST WANT ME A PROJECT AT GOOD PRICE AND ENJOY FELLOWSHIP WITH MOPAR FOLKS.
YEARS AGO THERE WAS A CHARGER CLUB, IS IT STILL ACTIVE??
I'M DEFINITELY NOT GOIN TO THE BANK TO BORROW $$ TO BUY ALL THREE AND THEN HAVE TO SELL OR PART OFF WHAT I DON'T NEED!!!! WHEN I WAS YOUNGER DID THAT IN A FLASH! MAYBE THATS WHY I RETIRED POOR!!!?????? JUST WONDERING.....

I bought a partially disassembled, no motor or transmission 67 Charger off of a Mopar buddy for $500. The resto crowd will no doubt disapprove as I'm going to use a rebuilt 58 392 Hemi I have on the stand for the motor - gotta use what I have available!

years back I saw a guy that had put a 392 into a 68 or 9 charger!!! way I see it its not like ya couldn't put it back stock if ya wanted to, right. I sometimes think peope forget these are CARS meant to be used, driven, not worshiped!?????? love um if ya like!! I do but I also love my horses ( unless one dumps my a--!

1st generation Chargers are undervalued, IMHO, as the fastback body style is polarizing. Either love or hate 'em.
As a 2 year only style, there are some parts that are hard to come by.
They also have some very unique features (electroluminescent gauge cluster and rotating headlight buckets) that can be a challenge to get working.
Fortunately, they also share many parts with same year Coronets and B bodies, as well as mechanical/electrical from similar era MoPars. You can still go to the auto parts store and get stuff off the shelf...
The 66-67 Charger forum is still active, but most members are here as well.
You won't find a better place to get one right than this forum.
If you go looking, make sure you use any of the above systems as a bargaining chip to get a deal. You should expect to pay a premium if the EL Dash and headlights do rotate.
I only paid 4200 for my survivor, but did have to throw a few grand at her to be a daily driver.
I would not accept anything less than 8k, as that is what it would cost, minimum, for a comparable B body to replace it....

thanks for the reply, I will make a trip down there to look maybe end of next week. he said one car is 318 4 speed,( can't remember, 6 6 offered poly and la sb ????) one runs and drives, not sure which, I didn't spend much time on phone talking, just figured it would make good road trip. he didn't entertain the idea of splitting off just one and I really don't need 2 cars to have to sell off or p art out. I won't part out a car that is restorable. thing is about this area, very conservative money wise, and to sell anything for squat, ya got to sell east of the Mississippi for sure. or maybe calif! LOL
yes those early chargers are a love/hate deal! I've been in this old car hobby since mid 80's. I was raised in s w ga, meet a guy down there, (20yrs ago????) he had perfect restored 68 hemi charger, but he loved his 66-7 (383) chargers the best!!! go figure! I ve had 2 66's and several 68-70s's. if trying to sell,,,, the 2 nd gen is the thing to have we all know. . but repairing the rear metal is a chore, it was all welded together! and I hated dealing with plastic 69 grills.... LOl
like everyone wish i'd kept the 2 66's but an impending divorce sent me getting rid of stuff I should have kept. funny story about them:
it was about 2003 or 04 maybe, lived hr n of k c. found a guy with a perfect 66 that came out of n reno, ca. he advertised it in k c paper for $5,000 couldn't even get anyone to come look, I gave him his price and thought it was very fair for me. the other 66 I found at a charger meet in witchita ks, about same time,,,complete roller for $1000, very good body, decent old int,,,, all there white with red int 383 car. anyway, no use crying over spilled milk!?????LO
I have a couple of /6 duster drivers I/m trying to sell and keep my 65 and 63 darts, both slants. or trade, but slow go to make a trade that's fair for me or find a buyer with cash! LOL I really hate foolng with tring to sell on Ebay, but might have to resort to that. $2500 for feather duster you can drive anywhere with new tank and another $600-700 ne pparts, all rust already rerpaired, 24 mpg, you woukld thing that wouldn't be hard to sell?????!! LOL thanks again for the reply..

thanks for the info and input. I think if I get away from the A bodies some it will have to be for 64 savoy or 65 whatever b body.
I did trade off good runnin, no rust featherduster to friend for 273 65 cuda project. no interest in the duster. I realize if I advertised it long enough it would have sold , priced plenty fair. looks to me to be 50 cars for sale for every 1 buyer... thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back