• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlotte North Carolina - Hurricane updates . . .

Light rain is falling now - probably wil be raining for the next two days

Raining on and off in Greensboro, but not very hard. No winds as of now but that is subject to change.

Raining in Concord (near the Speedway) now , but has kinda been on and off all day. Been working in the garage all day (rewiring one of my Buicks) it's pretty humid in the garage, but I don't think we are really gonna get the heavy rain, but so far just a rainy day here.

Sunday morning - 9/16/18 - 5:00 AM

Still raining - been consistent and non-stop. A look at the weather and it appears almost the entire state is now part of the rain storm . . . Winds are present, but they're not real bad . . . reports of a LOT of flooding in the state, which, with all the rain that I've seen, I can believe it . . .

Will be happy when this storm blows it's way through our state and we're done with it . . .

9:00 am. Raining like hell in Greensboro, but not much else. I think that it's safe to say, we dodged a bullet. :thumbsup:

Just throw the water on your neighbors side. Problem solved.

427165911_Image9-14-18at8_17PM.thumb.jpg.8a80b91e20381a032f2564b53ca95eeb.jpg

I KNEW there was a reason I liked Larry!! Bet he likes Fleetwood Mac also.

I KNEW there was a reason I liked Larry!! Bet he likes Fleetwood Mac also.

And here I thought it was all because I was just a kinda likable guy . . . ( SMILE )

( Of course I like Fleetwood Mac ! ! ! )

My sister is in Monroe North Carolina and she lost power for most of the day yesterday, but she says the power is back on,so they are hanging tough, but the rain is relentless!

Final update . . .

Close to a million without power - still . . .

Major flooding at the coast - read that over 25" of rain fell in Wilmington NC . . . ( that's a LOT of water ! ! )

You guys grit your teeth! Had a high school classmate ( 2yr older) that was at Camp Lejeune way back and saw a dumpster overflowing with moisture after 1day in ‘66 or ‘67!

Auto Transport Service
Back