• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Dana 60 rear...

Hemirunner

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
You gotta love Facebook... Ford Dana 60 1 ton rear axle. 4.10 gears and a HD posi carrier, 35 spline rear for $150... lol. Score! I’ll just narrow it and buy SFI axles and done!

Mine was $65.

Cut full floating ends off, installed Dr. Diff spool and axles. DONE!

The recipient lol

831B97C4-A6E5-459F-93A9-B40B4B1D2A1C.jpeg

I saw that car in the other thread. Way better 68 than my 69 but we’re going to do really mean things to this car on a totally cheap budget! Lol. The car’s name is Tetanus. I’m narrowing the dana and won’t even paint the welds so that they rust to match!

Make sure you cut the old ends of as long as possible. Passenger car offset doesn't leave much tube length for the long axle.
Doug

I saw that car in the other thread. Way better 68 than my 69 but we’re going to do really mean things to this car on a totally cheap budget! Lol. The car’s name is Tetanus. I’m narrowing the dana and won’t even paint the welds so that they rust to match!
---
This 68 is also going to be a budget build. That is the plan, using up what's around. Funny thing, I was just lining up the dana for it this morning.

---
This 68 is also going to be a budget build. That is the plan, using up what's around. Funny thing, I was just lining up the dana for it this morning.
Sounds like twins lol. I have 90% of the parts going into this build.

Sounds like twins lol. I have 90% of the parts going into this build.
---
I'm needing a fair bit more than that for parts. What is your frugal dart going to have it in, is it going to be street legal?

---
I'm needing a fair bit more than that for parts. What is your frugal dart going to have it in, is it going to be street legal?
It’ll be street legal since we do lots of street car races. It’ll get a 535 cube RB with a trick flow top end and the Nitrous system from my roadrunner.

It’ll be street legal since we do lots of street car races. It’ll get a 535 cube RB with a trick flow top end and the Nitrous system from my roadrunner.
—-
Fast! Hoping you give the odd update on it as you go along.

This one will be a street car with a bar. With the 526RB, 727, narrowed Dana, retro stuff, a good chance it will get the Hemi dart clone look with lots of tire under it.

—-
Fast! Hoping you give the odd update on it as you go along.

This one will be a street car with a bar. With the 526RB, 727, narrowed Dana, retro stuff, a good chance it will get the Hemi dart clone look with lots of tire under it.
I definitely will. You should as well. They should be similar builds although I have no plans to improve the appearance. I’m not even adding a hood... gotta keep to my budget theme!

Oh man....please please PLEASE get rid of that style of jack stand! I used them too in the 70's for several years and found out why others were telling me to get away from them. Luckily, I wasn't under the car but in it when things decided to go wrong. The results were 2 crushed stands and a busted windshield from the impact with the concrete not to mention the rough ride I got!

Oh man....please please PLEASE get rid of that style of jack stand! I used them too in the 70's for several years and found out why others were telling me to get away from them. Luckily, I wasn't under the car but in it when things decided to go wrong. The results were 2 crushed stands and a busted windshield from the impact with the concrete not to mention the rough ride I got!
Yeah I’m not a fan. They belong to a friend and are under there only until I can move the car inside to work on it. I’ve got a dozen HD stands inside but there all in use.

I did the one ton truck Dana 60 under my Challenger. I bought mine for $50.00. A little cutting down here and there, added some gussets and wheelie bar brackets, and looks pretty good Now.

20170126_211851.jpg

As about as stable as a 3 legged dog.

Auto Transport Service
Back