• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check One off on the Bucket List!

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
So I don't advertise this but I work for a car company(the detectives in the group will figure this out quickly). I am an avid drag racer and have been a nitro junkie since I was 18. So I was going through my work emails the other day and got an email from my boss I had missed earlier, oops! He asked if I'd be interested in doing some on site support and look at the email chain. Looked at the chain and saw Norwalk, then NHRA, then Spring Nationals!!! I couldn't type the reply out fast enough. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew I wanted to go. They wanted someone with my skillset to aid in recruitment of apprentice technicians, so I said, cool, just getting into the race was cool enough, and get paid to do so! Cool. I got my credentials, got into the pits and this is what I saw.
123_1(2).jpeg
123_1(3).jpeg
123_1(4).jpeg
123_1(5).jpeg
123_1(6).jpeg
123_1(7).jpeg
To say I was stoked was an understatement! I have always wanted to work for a manufacturer, check, and I've always wanted to be one of 'those guys' at the factory tent at a race. CHECK!! I would have paid them to go! Lol.
It doesn't end there, the guy who runs the whole shebang comes by and says let's go down to the hospitality tent. I figured small tent, packed with people and free chips and water, right? I mean how much can you do at a race? Well, we arrived at the TSR hospitality tent attached to Matt Hagan's TFC pit tent!
20220624_153505.jpg

I grabbed a free coca cola and sat down, and this was the view from my table.
20220624_153513.jpg

Then, this happened!

So tons of sun, lungs of nitro methane and burnt rubber later, and you couldn't slap the smile off my face. What a couple days! And found that survivor Charger in one of my dealer showrooms, these were three fantastic days! And come home and my pool isn't green anymore!

Very cool, Nx! Those warmups used to be even more fun when they used to blip the throttle to seat the clutch. One time when we were standing near one, my daughter's nose started to bleed from the fumes - LOL.
Sounds like you have a great job that you love. :thumbsup:

Very cool

Doing some work for/at Direct Connection (?) Dodge Power Brokers (?)

Nice! I would love to be part of that!

Auto Transport Service
Back