• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Childhood Dream MoPar?

Growing up in New Zealand as I did, this was the first car that I fell in love with. An E49 Valiant Charger. Saw it racing at Bathhurst in Australia when I was a young fella. Always wanted one, never got one unfortunately.
View attachment 917675
Growing up in New Zealand as I did, this was the first car that I fell in love with. An E49 Valiant Charger. Saw it racing at Bathhurst in Australia when I was a young fella. Always wanted one, never got one unfortunately.
View attachment 917675

everytime I see one of these I think of the Cortina or vauxhall .. :D

everytime I see one of these I think of the Cortina or vauxhall .. :D
Not even close. :rofl:

I'm pretty sure I saw a replica (could have been the real car) of the Geogheon car racing at back in the '80's :) Must have been at Ardmore.

upload_2020-3-3_12-40-37.png

Wages were quite different back then. Something like 5 bucks a hour if that. Times have changed . 5000 was alot of money back then.
yeah
I had worked all summer, 200+ hrs
rode a bike to work & saved every penny,
worked overtime when ever possible
(all my friends were going everywhere & fooling around, I was working)
worked as much as I could, doing anything to get an extra $20
mowed lawns, helped paint houses, cleaned up trash etc.
just to buy my 1st Charger...

Last edited:
I always liked ‘68 to ‘70 B bodies. Favourite car, period. Runner ups, in no particular order:
‘70 AMC Rebel Machine
‘69 and ‘70 Boss Mustang
‘69 Camaro
‘68 to ‘70 AMC AMX

I never did care, and still don’t care about their value, or “one of ...” status.
I will never forget standing on a corner of Jasper Avenue in Edmonton Alberta. It’s the very early ‘80’s. You could hear the rumble of a SERIOUS motor coming closer. Literally, the way the sound reverberated off of the high rises made your hair stand up.
A copper coloured GTX idled by. Never saw it before or since but that thing was killer. Had a trailer hitch on the back.

Last edited:
Ok not a Mopar , but....I found this car in 88 in on the way to Seagaville Tx
upload_2020-3-2_19-4-47.jpeg

The first time that i saw a 1970 Cuda, in person, that did it for me.
Knew i had to have one.
The next year, 1971, i ordered one, but dad had to sign all the paper work.

Picture 009 (Small).jpg

DC26859C-FA4A-4E81-BA3C-6017B3C2484A.png
Bought a 70 Coronet (brown 383 auto) when I was sixteen. Always dreamed of a purple and white Six Pack, 4 speed, 70 Super Bee.
27 years later I finally got it. I can die happy now.

There were a lot of musclecars running around the area where I grew up - northern suburbs of St. Louis, but the one that always got my attention was a plum crazy Superbird. It was, and still is, one if the coolest looking cars to me along with the Daytona. I had a plum crazy and a slime green SSP wing car (anyone remember those toys?) in the early 70's.
Screenshot_20200302-204617.png

Never could afford a real one, but I fell in love with my 67 Satellite as soon as I saw it. I'd love to have a 67 GTX just to round out my collection though I'd still go for a wing car if I ever win the lottery, or I should say if my wife wins since I don't pay voluntary taxes for the mathmatically challenged.

Last edited:
'63 Vette no doubt about it.. I was amazed by the look of this work of art.. The lines of the front with the hidden headlights. The rear split window and those flared fenders really got my attention. Amazing car, crazy about the car.. This was as a kid, but when the '68 Charger came out it happened again, EXCEPT I bought one in 1970.. and again in 2019, Yep I got my dream car now, bought it in the fall, don't have a good picture yet..

thumbnail_1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe.jpg 76706808_3588085564536616_7491023009809956864_o.jpg

Last edited:
What was your childhood dream car, whether you eventually owned one or not?

Nice topic, Thanks for starting this thread.
My Dad sold new cars when I was growing up. I got really good at identifying cars coming down the road, even at night. Dad sold all kinds of American cars except AMC, Buick, Oldsmobile or Pontiac.
He worked at Chrysler/Plymouth dealerships, Dodge, Chevrolet, Ford/Lincoln/Mercury and later sold Volvos, Toyotas and VWs.
As a kid before driving age, I wanted a Chevy Truck. Dad often had a dealer vehicle to drive and he liked the 1/2 ton Chevy regular cab 2wd. He liked the short bed trucks best and although most were 350 trucks, he had a few 454s. Those were really fun because while they looked completely plain and ordinary, for their time, they could smoke the one right tire for quite awhile.
Mom had some cool cars....'78 Z-28, a '79 Z-28, an '82 Trans Am. I liked them but once I saw the Dukes Of Hazzard, I really wanted a Charger. I went to work at Burger King and saved and saved. Well, I didn't save enough because as is even the case now, I was impatient.
First car was a '69 Dart.
Dart AA.jpg

I liked the car but in about 18-20 months, I started liking the Duster styling more so I bought THIS:

DS 1.jpg

I went into the Army and told my sister that I'd sell it to her if I got stationed overseas. I was discharged early for a medical issue so I came back and kept the car about another year, then bought a '73 Camaro. This was August 1984. I was exclusively Chevy from 1984 to 1995 except for project cars I bought only to fix and sell.
I bought a '73 Duster in the summer of 1995, my first Charger in 2000 and by 2003, I was all Mopar.
I am all Mopar to this day. I have owned over 66 cars and trucks, most of them Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth and Dodge trucks.
02 Ram 4.jpg
06.JPG
2007-2.JPG
116.JPG
8100 E.jpg
XH 31 A.jpg
JIgsaw 10.jpg

Childhood dream car - 70 roadrunner, 383 4 speed. Lemon twist yellow with an air grabber hood.

Took me until I was 17 to talk my Father into selling me his car.
Then:
bee1979.jpg

Now:
bee&birdjuly182019 044.JPG

Have also always wanted a '70 Duster, 4 gear car.. still looking for that one some 40 years later.. Just missed a roller last week that would have fit the bill perfectly.

I wanted a Duster 340 just like the one on the Cars Heart Beat City album cover.

My highschool buddy had a 340 x 4 gear in Orange that I liked, and a gal in my homerooms SISTER had a perfectly straight black one with zoomy pipes kicking up between the door and wheel well. Loved that car..

I liked the 65 Mustang and the 2nd generation Camaro when I was a teenager in the 70's. But just like Kern Dog I wanted a Charger after seeing the General Lee. I bought mine in 83, still
Have it. At that time I wasn't a guru on them so didn't know what a 500 or Dayton was. I wanted a 4 speed and that took awhile to find. It was a rough car but had 4 speed and 383.

For years I carried a Polaroid of my dads 67 Hemi Belverdere in my book bag after my dad passed in 84. Went through over 200 cars before I was finally in position to buy my own. I bought my Hemi April of last year. A GTX.

My asshole older brother called me from Virginia shortly after to tell me dads car was a 318 car. I told him don't **** with my memories. ****** has an 04 Silveraydo and nothing else.
70606481_10218024203990709_5065286929126260736_n.jpg

69 Super Bee

N96, four speed

I was 5 years old when I saw the first second generation Charger. It was a 68 Charger R / T, light green with a black stripe. I was glued to the window of my moms Chevy Impala at the gas station, and I watched the attendant putting the gas into the filler cap on top of the quarter, there was no other car like that,except for the Corvette at the time. I knew right then and there, that was the car I wanted to have when I was old enough to drive. The deal was sealed when the guy in the Charger took off blazing the tires sideways down the street! A year and a half later, my parents get divorced, and she started seeing a guy who drove an old Chrysler convertible. The car had swiveling front seats,and a pair of dual quad carbs on it,and in between the canted headlights it said 300H one the grille. It was a rough old girl that had a rough life. One day he showed up driving a brand new 70 Charger R / T SE in triple green with a white tailstripe. The Chrysler convertible was parked in the backyard with dreams of restoring it one day,which never happened, and around 1981 the junkyard took it away. When they picked the car up the rear frame section from the rear wheels back fell out of the car! I always wanted to own the Charger, but they refused to sell it to me, for my mom had the belief that I would kill myself in it. So in 1981 I bought my yellow 440 Magnum 4 speed 70 Charger R / T SE, that I still own to this day. When I brought that car home, my mom said that if you kill yourself in that one, atleast I will have the peace of mind knowing that I didn't give it to you! They sold their Charger in 1982 to a friend of mine. My brother in law also had a 70 Challenger R / T 440 Sixpack automatic car, so those two cars were the biggest influences in my life as far as muscle car went. I used to tell the kids at school, I will beat you with my mother's car,they would make comments like what does she drive some station wagon, I said just show up and bring your money! I only had to prove it once to a Mach 1 Mustang, who got smacked down twice in a row, before the word got out! lol After my friend bought the Charger from my mom,I was in school one day, and a couple of kids came up to me and said, you are in big trouble dude,your mom is looking for you in the park, (the park was next to the high school,and it is where everyone went to cut class) and she is pisssed,I said what are you talking about, they said your mom just went through the park blazing the tires at about 70 mph. I told them,that my mom sold that car. Funny memories for sure.

Being raised about a mile from the Chrysler plant, I got to see some really sweet cars and I use to dream of owning one of each. I drove a new Ford van in school, all done up. My family and I are all Mopar, so a few years later I got a 67 Dart GT and a few later a 69 Dart 340 4 speed. Life got in the way and kids and the race to the finish line was more important. I've had many cars and boats in my life and I could go on, no sense in boring you all with my stories. It wasn't till a few years ago my wife bought me my favorite, a 1965 Dodge Coronet. A 426 would have been better, but, It's a 5.7 Hemi. I'll have it till I can no longer drive, at this point in life it means a lot to me.
20190808_105312.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back