• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choke well cover

Hammer108

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
I installed a new Holley carb on to the manifold of my 65 318 poly.
What can I do to remove the stock choke from the upper manifold?
And where can I get a choke well cover?
Do I remove the old choke and fab up a new cover??
Thanks,
Henry

A pic for you.

6F89921E-5B36-42CA-A941-4EEC96BA3E84.jpeg

Is your holley an electric choke? If so you don't need anything covering the well unless it is broke, like mine was. I made my own solid cover out of 1/8" steel.
20230409_092603.jpg

You can just remove the choke as I believe it is not open into the cross over and leave it as is. Or make a cover.

Ok! Yes new carb. Manual choke I will install. Didn’t know what to do with the factory one, I’ll just make a cover!
Thanks for the help!

biggest issue would be filling up with dirt

run it and blow it out with brake clean once a year...... or cover it for appearance sake

You can just remove the choke as I believe it is not open into the cross over and leave it as is. Or make a cover.
The choke well is closed and no exhaust gases will escape if the mechanism is removed. In 1971, a stainless "cup" was used to heat the choke coil element faster to reduce "on choke" time to reduce overall emissions.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back