• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome door trim

Clarksdale68

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone figured out a good way to replace the chrome sticker that runs along the door? I've tried the chrome sticker stuff that they sell in auto parts stores, and while it's ok, it's not real easy to work with and you don't seem to get a great fit.

Thanks!
door.jpg

hi get some double sided tape from a parts store that sells paint . be sure both surfaces are clean. get a can of Nason's or goof off. cleaner. then you can install the tape to the back side of the mldg. and then install on car. it should hold.

Thanks for the reply, Hemi. The molding is holding fine, but the "chrome" on it, actually a thin layer of clear plastic with chrome coating, came most of the way off. I guess I was wondering if anyone tried painting it or something like that. The chrome tape from auto stores is just ok - good enough looking from 20 ft or so.

This might be a better look. You can see the chrome covering separated from the door molding.

IMG_0106.JPG

I agree with 1toolguy...I took all mine off and prefer the clean look much better. As for your question, I'd go to a bodyshop and ask them. They have the experience and can give you some pointers.

Auto Transport Service
Back