• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome valve covers?

koosh

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
69 383, I can't swing the ones I like...( fabricated chrome valve covers), so leaves me with stamped steel poopoo from overseas I assume....any one recommend a brand that won't leak?
Thanks

Do what I did and hunt down an original set of Mopar ones from the 60's!
s-l1600.jpg

Nice!!
But in that condition, probably more than the fabricated!

I saw a set on EBay today 94 & change with free shipping.

I see quite a few fabricated chrome and aluminum valve covers on ebay for around $100
I only have seen 1 set chromed from autonets, but have had bad luck with them....only other I've seen are from "hamburger", but outside my league with their pricing

Sorry they are probably polished.

I remember at one time reading on the series of events where the original, heavy chrome Mopar factory valve covers were phased out and the thinner stuff hit the market, including those sold under the Direct Connection banner.
The thinner ones apparently warp and leak easily and I didn't want any of that.

I was hellbent on finding an original set from the 60's (like were found on the '67 GTX, for example) because I wanted the PCV and breathers to be exactly like the factory painted covers from back then.
I just kept an eye out and the moment I saw these, I was all over 'em.
They look right on the engine and they are properly heavy so they don't leak.
No offense, but after seeing thousands of the "Mopar Performance" cast valve covers out there, I am seriously over them.

Now, if only Ma had made the same thing for the RB engines that said "Direct Connection".....
I keep bugging Leanna to make me a set. :)

IMG_20180831_214419727_LL.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back