• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Chrysler 3.23 Ring and Pinion Gear Set for "489" Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for your consideration is this original 3.23 Ring and Pinion gear set. These will only work in a "489" case.
(1 7/8" tapered pinion shaft). Dated 4-27-68. These look good to go. $150 OBO Plus shipping from Pittsburgh, PA 15218. Thanks!

323 1.JPG
323 2.JPG
323 3.JPG
323 4.JPG
323 5.JPG

Bump.

(Please don't ask me "how much shipping to..." then ghost me)

Apologies for "commenting" on a for sale ad but - I count 11 and 42 on the teeth? That would be something other than 3.23:1?

Something is weird there - the pinion should have 13 teeth?

Apologies for "commenting" on a for sale ad but - I count 11 and 42 on the teeth? That would be something other than 3.23:1?
Yup.... 43 & 11 gives you a 3.9 gear... 43 & 13 gives you 3.23.... That pinion doesn't belong with that ring gear.... And probably won't even mesh properly...

This was a gear set that came with a sure grip unit I bought this summer at Carlisle. The ring was attached, a yoke and pinion gear was in the bucket with the SG with ring attached. If this is the wrong pinion I'm glad someone saw it, I certainly don't want to mislead anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back