• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Class Action Lawsuit Says UConnect Infotainment System Is Defective

I have the 12.4"(?) in my 2019 Ram. So far, so good. And yes, the 19 speaker Harman-Kardon system kicks ***!!

No issues of any sort with my wife's 2020 Charger R/T Plus. Has less than 15,500 miles as of this morning.

It doesn't normally get cold here in Savannah, but it was 30 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. No issues or anomalies of any sort.

It does get above 100 F during the summertime in Savannah. No issues or anomalies of any sort.

We have a 2019 Subaru and a 2021 Jeep Wrangler. Both are great, but both have idiosyncrasies that I don’t like.
The Subaru is affected by powerful radio transmissions. Locally we have the headquarters for a major marine shipping company. They have large transmitters for communicating and navigating large vessels that can be hundreds and thousands of miles away. If I park my Subaru in their parking lot it won’t start with command start and sometimes won’t start easily with the key. Their transmitters mess with the anti theft electronics, disabling the vehicle.
My biggest concern is with my new Jeep. Like most new vehicles the throttle is electronic; there is no mechanical connection between the throttle and the fuel injection. On icy roads there is a lag between taking my foot off of the throttle and the engine speed slowing. Very disconcerting, and I don’t think it’s safe. Haven’t driven it enough to know for sure yet, though.

We have a 2019 Subaru and a 2021 Jeep Wrangler. Both are great, but both have idiosyncrasies that I don’t like.
The Subaru is affected by powerful radio transmissions. Locally we have the headquarters for a major marine shipping company. They have large transmitters for communicating and navigating large vessels that can be hundreds and thousands of miles away. If I park my Subaru in their parking lot it won’t start with command start and sometimes won’t start easily with the key. Their transmitters mess with the anti theft electronics, disabling the vehicle.
My biggest concern is with my new Jeep. Like most new vehicles the throttle is electronic; there is no mechanical connection between the throttle and the fuel injection. On icy roads there is a lag between taking my foot off of the throttle and the engine speed slowing. Very disconcerting, and I don’t think it’s safe. Haven’t driven it enough to know for sure yet, though.
Makes me content to drive our old stuff. If an error is made, pretty certain it is a driver problem. I study a map beforehand and then carry on following my nose. So far have been lucky, even driving in Portugal and Spain.

If it only happens on icy roads, it may be the lag that happens before the wheels actually start to brake the vehicle. Lifting on good traction surfaces results in instant drag and braking; you may be getting some wheel slip on the ice which doesn't "draw down" the RPM as quickly.

Does it do it when you free-rev in the garage, or in neutral?

Yup: Last year they forced an update onto the radio/brain on my 18 Rammer. Froze the radio and couldn't access the heater controls etc. FCA? had to replace the radio and I had to wait 2 or 3 months to get it with no radio, no heater, no backup camera etc. Modern tech is lovely, I imagine if it happens again in a couple years that I'll be stuck with a vehicle with no defroster, heater etc. and it willl be tuff titty. the vehicle will be unsafe to drive in the winter.
I just finished putting on a set of headers too. Another known issue is cracked exhaust manifolds on the 5.7 Rammers, FCA/whoever has known about that issue for more than 10 years as well. Then there's the cam and lifter issue.
I've said it many times, the old Chrysler Corp is long gone, the Europeon car makers put out junk and don't care. It's a shame because my Rammer is an awfully nice truck and I'd keep buying them if they had proper support, but as it is no way.

Last edited:
06 Daytona. 20 Redeye. 21 S/P. Best and easiest system I’ve ever used. The 21 Charger didn’t recognize phone on two occasions but power on/off or plug/unplug USB resolved it both times.

If it only happens on icy roads, it may be the lag that happens before the wheels actually start to brake the vehicle. Lifting on good traction surfaces results in instant drag and braking; you may be getting some wheel slip on the ice which doesn't "draw down" the RPM as quickly.

Does it do it when you free-rev in the garage, or in neutral?

It only does it on icy roads. It’s quite disconcerting. So far I’ve only driven it on slippery roads in town at comparatively slow speeds, say forty miles per hour. I’m driving and the wheels begin to spin. I lift off the throttle and the wheels continue to spin for about a second or two, an eternity on ice. Especially if the back end is starting to come around.

Probably the "freewheeling" (slipping) drivetrain inertia, keeping the revs up. An object (tire and wheel) in motion tends to STAY in motion...especially on ice, where there is little to no resistance/drag. Tap the brakes to halt the wheels, and I'll bet the revs drop too.

The problems on a lot of these are they do over the air updates while the car is parked and if the voltage gets too low then it can cause pieces of the data to corrupt when its installing the update. I always flash mine with a USB with the car running. 2016 hellcat with Uconnect, never had issues. We had a 2015 Jeep with UConnect and it never had issues. We have a 2021 Durango Hellcat now and it had quite a few bugs and freezing issues until they sent a USB in the mail with a recall notice. Installed the update and haven't had problems since. I think the Pacifica was the first iteration of Uconnect 5 and they are finally getting most of the bugs worked out now.

Auto Transport Service
Back