• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler emblem on Super Bees

ericisback

Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
What 1970 Super Bees had this badge? All of them?

IMG_0267.jpeg

All domestic mopars, starting in 64...had one on the right fender for decades. I believe it ended in the 80's. Not sure when they quit.
The first ones were plated metal with a nut on the back.

The 80's FWD cars had stickers or stampings, usually on both sides.

Not sure about F/M/J body RWD cars.

I’ve seen some that are gold, and some that are silver. Which cars had which color?

They were all gold, they faded to silver over time.

1970 is a plastic back with a gold metal overlay.

The 80's FWD cars had stickers or stampings, usually on both sides.

Not sure about F/M/J body RWD cars.
I hadn't seen them from the factory on the driver side. My neon had one on the passenger side.

reason for passenger side fender was advertising. People walking by a parked car next to the curb would see it.

'79 Chrysler 300 did not have one.

I just wish they didn't have those 3 louvers on each fender.

The originals disappeared for the 1973 MY. Early ones were metal, and switched to plastic before 1968.

I've saved a few NOS, metal, 1964 ones for my personal cars. All my stuff have the best Pentastars. I always forget to change them out...when I sell a car. I also have a group of NOS plastic ones I bought at a flea-market. The guy worked at the plant where Chrysler had them made.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back