• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler pentastar medallion on taillight lens?? Never seen this before on a 66-67 Charger.

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I was looking at the attached 1967 Charger You Tube video from Hardwood Motors and I saw a Chrysler Pentastar emblem on the left side rear tailight lense. I have never seen that before and the description of the car siad it was an original one owner car from Arizona. I have posted a few screenshots of the video and the video link. Would you all agree that the owner placed this pentastar emblem on the taillight rather than it coming from the factory? Let me know your thoughts.

Check it out. :

Screenshot (342).png

Screenshot (341).png

Add-on by some over-enthusiastic owner. :lol:

I took photos at a Muscle Car show a few years back, and some Mopar's had two PentaStar's, most had one and a couple had none. :rolleyes:

Funny part was seeing how they were attached.....the 'poo-worms' inside were entertaining on a couple of cars. (Bondo to you 'Muricans).

I doubt that Chrysler would drill a hole in a plastic lens to attach a badge/emblem that already had a designated place on the car.

I doubt that Chrysler would drill a hole in a plastic lens to attach a badge/emblem that already had a designated place on the car.
I agree. I just restored my rear tailight assembly and this was my first time taking it apart and re-assembling it. I can only imagine that the pentastar emblem has a sticky back and he just placed on the lens. To each his own I guess.

Nice car. I don't think I ever saw a 66-67 Charger with a vinal roof!

Don't they have a locator pin?

definitely not factory

so it was added later
Some of the vinyl tops were added by dealers
so it was possibly added by the dealer
but IMNSHO it's ugly
I am glad mine doesn't have one

Vinyl top was a factory option on 1967 Chargers. Pentastars on tail lights were owner add-ons.

Black engine bay, gm brakes, scraped off hood letters.. a real doozy!

Nice but those changes......nope. Would not want it.
I agree with Redbeard. With regard to the vinyl top, I understood that one could be ordered from the factory in 1967 and the dealers also installed vinyl tops after the car was delievered. The difference is the way the dealer trimmed it out at the rear of each quarter. The dealer used a different trim piece and did not run the vinyl all the way down to the end of the quarter panel. You can make out the trim piece removed from my car when the vinyl top was removed. I have the trim pieces that were on this car. I also attached the only photo I have with the my car with the white vinyl top. I restored back to the original delivery without the vinyl top.

1967 Charger Hemi.jpeg

67 Charger with dealer installed vinyl top.jpg

Vinyl Top Molding for dealer installed vinyl top.jpg

dealer installed trim piece for vinyl top other end.jpg

dealer installed trim piece for vinyl top.jpg

People do all kinds of crazy stuff... My 65 Coronet 500 had two fratzog hood emblems screwed to the trunk panel by a previous owner. NOT factory, but I liked them and didn't have the $$$ to restore the panel or get NOS at the time.

Emblems.jpg

I understand, I would probably leave them there as well. It makes for good conversation at a car show

May have been a one owner car before the shivvy guy that re-built it. He was unaware of the under hood paint scheme. Had no idea where the penta star belonged so glue it to the tail light lens. Questionable aftermarket booster and master but that aggravating exhaust whistle was the most painful for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back