• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler's at Carlisle 2022 Tent Activities

At the presentation they give you a plaque. Then they take it back. Then you have to go stand in line to BUY it BACK.

$69.50 (plaque) or $26.50 for just a picture of the presentation.

So! me being last, they ran out of plaques.
So it cost me another $26.50 on top of the reg fee.

It's all about the money.

Nice to see ya again Rob and catch up, I can't believe it was 3 years. The car looked fantastic as usual
Thanks, great seeing you as well! Got a look at the Orange Fury on Saturday, Fantastic! Hope to see you again next year.

At the presentation they give you a plaque. Then they take it back. Then you have to go stand in line to BUY it BACK.

Has it Always been this way ? Kind of Shitty !

I probably will not go next year as a vendor or with a show car...............Just too much work with not a lot of return. They already raised the space and show field prices.
May go as a spectator, Still going to cost me at least $75 parking gate and gas.

It would have been cheaper , much , for me to fly from Green Bay to Harrisburg round trip

Gas and Tolls - Man the tolls , I honestly didn’t even think - I was used to throwing change in a basket LOL

I guess I have been hiding under my wife the last few years

Anyways

Bigger problem would have been a rental car , cost and availability

We have turned away so many customers because we can’t get rental cars for EAA Week coming up

Same with last year

I probably will not go next year as a vendor or with a show car...............Just too much work with not a lot of return. They already raised the space and show field prices.
May go as a spectator, Still going to cost me at least $75 parking gate and gas.
Take advantage of the 20% off offer on next year's spot on the field until Dec.30th this year. You live in York? How much is gas from there? Here is one way with the Belvedere from Southern MD.....

294001226_169245282303599_5706007756699920101_n.jpg

I found this one in the swap meet area but there was no price on it.

IMG_20220716_143637683_HDR.jpg

So! me being last, they ran out of plaques.
So it cost me another $26.50 on top of the reg fee.

It's all about the money.
Damn Steve, that must be one hell of a plaque. The only thing it cost me was $15 to have it mailed home.

Just talked to my friends that took 2nd with their Superbird. Winner list was posted and everyone told to pick their plaque up at guest services. Zero charge... sounds like someone was running a scam on the field or you were in the wrong lineup.

Just talked to my friends that took 2nd with their Superbird. Winner list was posted and everyone told to pick their plaque up at guest services. Zero charge... sounds like someone was running a scam on the field or you were in the wrong lineup.
Got my plaque no problem. If you wanted to participate in the awards parade, stage, than file up and be presented. Carlisle photographs the moment, than, wants you to purchase the pic. I don't like my image. So, no sale. What did it cost me to get the plaque? $600.00 dollars in gas, $ 500.00 in room, plus entry. 18 hours of travel time. I haven't even started eating or drinking yet. Was it worth it? ------ In my view yes. Been locked up for 2 years (covid). Am I going next year, hmmm. We'll see. I will say, I was thrilled to be recognized in a field of 3000 beautiful machines. Plus- Carlisle does do a beautiful job. Nobody can take that away from them if you think about it. BTW, thank you to hawkrod and Michael( no shirt guy) for whipping up a beautiful lunch, and meeting some of you guys. Mark

Take advantage of the 20% off offer on next year's spot on the field until Dec.30th this year. You live in York? How much is gas from there? Here is one way with the Belvedere from Southern MD.....

View attachment 1314976
I made 8 trips back and forth..........took the hemi pump up and back, took a truck for sale up and back, took loads of parts to my vendor spot up and back and took the Hemi belvedere up and back. over 400 miles with 3 different vehicles. And the help from my wife and friend KK. A very long week.

Here was the official 4th Place Club Award presentation David and I just happened to be dropping off some stuff and getting a beer.

My wife and I stopped by the tent a few times but it was either very busy or everyone was in deep conversation. We dropped our name for the raffle, introduced ourselves and then went back out to look around.
My car was parked almost directly across from the tent (sassy grass 72’ RR GTX).
This was our first time at Carlisle so we had a lot to take in. Not much time for staying in one spot. Next year I hope to meet a few more of you guys in person.
I may not have been able to meet many folks but at least I was able to contribute to that 4th biggest club award!
We really enjoyed the show, won a 2nd place and got a few parts for my 68’ GTX build. Great weekend!

My wife and I stopped by the tent a few times but it was either very busy or everyone was in deep conversation. We dropped our name for the raffle, introduced ourselves and then went back out to look around.
My car was parked almost directly across from the tent (sassy grass 72’ RR GTX).
This was our first time at Carlisle so we had a lot to take in. Not much time for staying in one spot. Next year I hope to meet a few more of you guys in person.
I may not have been able to meet many folks but at least I was able to contribute to that 4th biggest club award!
We really enjoyed the show, won a 2nd place and got a few parts for my 68’ GTX build. Great weekend!
I am sorry that we were so engrossed we did not chat with you much; being rude and excluding folks was absolutely NOT the intent of the tent - quite the opposite. You know how excited we can get when talking about car topics! Please "butt in" next time and hang out for awhile! The purpose is for all FxBO members to hang out and enjoy the place and some food and drink.

Thanks for supporting the tent and hope to see you next year.

We really lucked out with weather. 90-95 degrees everyday if it was this week.

I am sorry that we were so engrossed we did not chat with you much; being rude and excluding folks was absolutely NOT the intent of the tent - quite the opposite. You know how excited we can get when talking about car topics! Please "butt in" next time and hang out for awhile! The purpose is for all FxBO members to hang out and enjoy the place and some food and drink.

Thanks for supporting the tent and hope to see you next year.
I appreciate it although I didn’t take it that way at all! If anything we felt like we could have made a better effort. There was just so much to see and we got into a few conversations that went on for hours ourselves.
We already have our place to stay for next year so we will definitely be back.

Saw your car. Love it.

Congratulations Steve - and you got a personal meetup with Christy Lee!!!

Damn, we still somehow missed checking your electrical - sorry. Just too much going on in my head... :poke:

My pleasure. I am hoping we are starting to get a head of steam to keep us growing and improving every year.
New volt regulator fixed the issue but with it over charging it caused the in dash factory tac to quit working.
I'm guessing it fried something inside the tac.
By the way who did you choose for your celebraty pick?

Auto Transport Service
Back