• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

classic car stereos

I got a Hermosa as well for my 63 couple years ago. Needed the type that is shaft mount. Has many features I don’t use; but liked the jump drive music and power antenna connection. Didn’t need to cut anything on the dash; but made an aluminum face plate having to cut part of the bezel face plate (wasn’t concerned as I have a couple of those). Being a vert I’m still futzing with secondary speakers and on to an idea after some trial & error for them I’m going to work on when I have time.

I still have the factory speakers and 8 track radio in my Charger. My Son always brings this little 3" diameter speaker that looks like a wheel and tire with him that is synced to his phone. The little *** speaker sounds better than any car sound system I ever had in any of my cars. Lol. And, my car stays stock looking when we get out.

Price isn't bad... do you have the original radio?

No, when I got my car it had a 80's Pioneer am/fm cassette player hacked in. I have a replacement uncut bezel, so looking for something that will fit without cutting it.

I used it as well and it fits great. I reused the stock knobs as the ones included don’t match as well. They want you to use a mounting strap, that’s included, on the back of it. Bluetooth connection is very simple, far easier than the Ford Sync system and even easier than a Kenwood head unit I have. Sound quality is acceptable and reception is comparatively good.

C146A3A4-859F-4379-9930-6EF359886062.jpeg

I got a Hermosa as well for my 63 couple years ago. Needed the type that is shaft mount. Has many features I don’t use; but liked the jump drive music and power antenna connection. Didn’t need to cut anything on the dash; but made an aluminum face plate having to cut part of the bezel face plate (wasn’t concerned as I have a couple of those). Being a vert I’m still futzing with secondary speakers and on to an idea after some trial & error for them I’m going to work on when I have time.

Thanks for the info, will take a look at that one

I still have the factory speakers and 8 track radio in my Charger. My Son always brings this little 3" diameter speaker that looks like a wheel and tire with him that is synced to his phone. The little *** speaker sounds better than any car sound system I ever had in any of my cars. Lol. And, my car stays stock looking when we get out.

My grand daughter has one of those little bluetooth speakers that plays music from her phone. The sound is amazing.

I used it as well and it fits great. I reused the stock knobs as the ones included don’t match as well. They want you to use a mounting strap, that’s included, on the back of it. Bluetooth connection is very simple, far easier than the Ford Sync system and even easier than a Kenwood head unit I have. Sound quality is acceptable and reception is comparatively good.
What was it about the knobs that don't match as well. I saw someone on here has some knobs for sale, might have too look into buying them.

They aren’t textured and the shape is slightly different. It’s not a huge deal. The fit for the screen isn’t perfect because it’s made slightly different than the original

I went this route. Boss double din for about 60 bucks and made a pod to hold it.

05 06 IMG_1823 dash vents.JPG

View attachment 1240243
Same thing I did...reused the oem knobs. The mounting strap was kind of a beeitch to connect in my case; but necessary support.

Pick up an original at a swap meet, and get it converted to modern internals. If you goo gle search for: 1973 plymouth roadrunner radio youtube ....you should get a video of the radio for my '73 rr. It was done by R&B Vintage Auto Radio.

Pick up an original at a swap meet, and get it converted to modern internals. If you goo gle search for: 1973 plymouth roadrunner radio youtube ....you should get a video of the radio for my '73 rr. It was done by R&B Vintage Auto Radio.
I'm thinking buying a original radio, shipping to be converted, cost to convert, and shipping back would be very expensive. If you dont mind saying, about how much did the conversion cost?

I don't see anything about a DIY kit on the aurora site.

...and no prices.

But it looks interesting.

Auto Transport Service
Back