• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries Terrible Customer Service

Slant 6 Music

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
I'm done with these guys. I've ordered alot of stuff from them in the past. Their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of the Covid excuses etc. Waiting on the phone for an hour every time I call is not acceptable. Pay your employees a half *** wage and maybe they will stick around.

Ordered a hardware set for 71-71 B body grill. If you advertise a product for a specific application, then that is what it should be. Screws too short for the corners of the bezels, extra hardware that doesn't go to the car.

Write emails to them, only to wait for days.

I asked for a simple diagram to explain the hardware they sent. Their "Tech Support" guy sends me a video from youtube showing a 68 RR being disassembled.....seriously.

Try and work it out for a refund and get the 3rd degree and very unfriendly and courteous representative. I'll pay more for better service elsewhere. These guys stink.

I don't personally have any experience with this vendor. And all vendors get a negative comment sometimes. BUT, the ones that get a lot of negative comments constantly, make me hesitant to ever do any business with them. Any more, I would think a lot of negative feedback and complaints on the related forums could spell doom for a vendor....

They have been good to me except for long phone wait times.

Eastwood, on the other hand..... ordered a bunch of stuff and they planned to hold it all for two months awaiting back order on just one item, ---- though they didn't notify me of this. I had to ask status, and then ask them to ship everything not backordered.

As the two week mark passed, they emailed me and asked me to call my bank "and check if Eastwood had been paid", and then call them to give payment info again. So... two weeks after the order they had not moved on one single thing or even knew if they had been paid. It was so ridiculous I thought I might be getting scammed. Needless to say, order cancelled.

Wow! And I thought things were getting back to normal!? Masks are coming off, some products that were unavailable have come back. And things at work are picking up. YAY! Maybe some companies don't know this yet?

Seems to be a daily thing...
Especially with Classic....
There is another long thread going on right now over on FABO about Classic.
I quit buying from them 10 years ago because there was absolutely zero customer support, even though my issues were their fault. Had to out them on this forum to get results. Nothing has changed in all those years. They just don't get it, and I can't believe how many Mopar guys keep buying stuff from them. There are so many better vendors out there for us.

I ordered a door weatherstripping set from them. I clearly gave them my simple address. Next thing I know, I check tracking and it’s one problem after another. It finally shows returned to the local UPS terminal. I call UPS and they say it just got sent back because of a bad address. The address they gave me wasn’t even close to resembling mine. I call Classic and tell them the story. I tell them to the address info yet again and say send it back. They agree and handled the call very professionally. No weatherstripping ever shows up. I finally got a credit on my card and vowed never again..., horrible first experience.

Damn, I wish I could have read this earlier. Classic has a booth at the MATS show.
I coulda' ripped into those guys.:mad:

I don’t know if Mega Parts is doing the 71 cars. I have had zero problems with him or any of his stuff. His prices are on par or cheaper. No bad stuff, no wrong stuff sent. I will buy ever single peice to do my car from this guy to avoid the hassel. The smaller guys are better.This guy knows how to do it right.

I don’t know if Mega Parts is doing the 71 cars. I have had zero problems with him or any of his stuff. His prices are on par or cheaper. No bad stuff, no wrong stuff sent. I will buy ever single peice to do my car from this guy to avoid the hassel. The smaller guys are better.This guy knows how to do it right.
Mega definitely sells stuff for 71 model years. Jamie is one of the best out there. Customer service and support is great.

They are a sponsor on the boards, scroll through the vendors and contact them with your complaint.
@ClassicIndustries3
That's exactly what I did. With their rep on the phone. 2 of them actually. I'm not passive/aggressive. I told them I was disappointed in their service and attitude. They were neither apologetic...far from it...nor were they friendly whatsoever. In other words, they didn't care. This decline in customer service coincides greatly with the last couple of years where people have been told they will be taken care of and they just need to be afraid.

Thanks, I will look there first next time. I'll even pay a little more to the "little guy" for sure. As long as you get good customer service and the product you expect.

That's exactly what I did. With their rep on the phone. 2 of them actually. I'm not passive/aggressive. I told them I was disappointed in their service and attitude. They were neither apologetic...far from it...nor were they friendly whatsoever. In other words, they didn't care. This decline in customer service coincides greatly with the last couple of years where people have been told they will be taken care of and they just need to be afraid.

I’m sorry to hear that, it appears they are at the point where they will continue to do their on line sales and not worry about their sponsorship on the FBBO boards.

Due to Donakey statement above,I just ordered from Mega Parts. I have been looking for a windshield gasket for my 63 to replace the windshield in the next few months. Several companies are out of stock. Not Mega Parts. Placed order, they confirmed they had it in stock.Sent me another e-mail with the cost of shipping and if I was ok with it.(Yes) sent me a e-mail with total cost and asked if it was correct and ok to bill my credit card.(Yes) then sent me a Quick Books invoice that I can print and a e-mail invoice too. Talk about being efficient !

Due to Donakey statement above,I just ordered from Mega Parts. I have been looking for a windshield gasket for my 63 to replace the windshield in the next few months. Several companies are out of stock. Not Mega Parts. Placed order, they confirmed they had it in stock.Sent me another e-mail with the cost of shipping and if I was ok with it.(Yes) sent me a e-mail with total cost and asked if it was correct and ok to bill my credit card.(Yes) then sent me a Quick Books invoice that I can print and a e-mail invoice too. Talk about being efficient !
Yep, Mega is a class A outfit. One of my favorite vendors.

I’ve bought a lot of stuff of Classic in the last 14 months. There have been some back orders and a couple miscues (one or two my fault) but I’ve not had any big issues with resolving them. I just call first thing in the morning and usually get someone pretty quick.

I ordered a grill back in November, still waiting. I emailed their customer service almost 2 weeks and no response.

Auto Transport Service
Back