• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic style leather steering wheel cover?

98 SNAKE EATER

Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Looking to replace the old wrap around steering wheel cover on my 69 RR, but for the life of me can't seem to find one even though I distinctly remember them being overly abundant in the isles of just about any parts stores 20 years ago :eek:

You can see what I'm talking about around a minute into this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwJo96RAro

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

They're in the part's stores here in Texas. do you have Pep Boy's there?

I got one from a company called custom accessories and it was available at O'Reilly auto parts store.

I blinked 3 times and missed it.... nice car and I like the weel covers looks good driving in the other videos

This is what you were looking for, just thought I would post up a pic for anyone else curious and is the one I got from Oreilly auto parts. I had one back in the 80's on the car, very comfortable, and I was happy to find they still are made.
20140524_111612small.jpg

I think you may be out of luck. I tried to find one of those a while back and couldn't find anything but black ones...and even those were hard to find and had questionable fit for an older style wide diameter wheel. If you do find one, all you'll get is black. No other colors. The good ole days of finding blue, green, etc. floor mats and steering wheel covers at your local parts store is long gone. I had a blue one on my 72 Satellite and loved it..it was a perfect match. But I bought that back in the 80's. You won't find anything like that today.

Auto Transport Service
Back