• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Shop!

Donny

Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Doing some long overdue cleaning, and updating my shop! Building more shelves, hands-on every B Body, C Body part, organize and put in totes vs. throwing them on shelves. I have two transmissions; a 904 and 727 that are loose, and down low on the floor. Well, yesterday I got a hair up my yahoo and went to town drawing this little gem out, then, my Harbor Freight Chop Saw went kaputt, in the trash it went, went and bought a new DeWalt Chop Saw for twice as much as the Chinese crap, but far and way better than that junk. Here it is, a rolling transmission dolly, whereas I can maximize my space and room!
374756_2899823663793_1506474455_32852886_952714547_n.jpg
[/IMG]

And to counter the heavy end of the dolly, I put my weights on the end, and took a bit of sq tubing and welded it in to hold my curling bar; more stuff off the floor and out of the way now!

You should see upstairs, holy smokes, building a shelving unit 8 ft tall, 4 shelves, 48 inches deep and 9 ft wide! Will have a pic soon of it! All to improve and run more efficiently folks!

Not bad,I like the cart.Clean shop is always nice,but its only that way for a short while.Atleast in my shop!!!!

It you can get it all functioning, then it lasts for a LONG time! The last time I did a complete re-do was back in 2006, 2008, and now, another all-inclusive and complete whereas the other two re-do's were no where near as complete as this endeavor is!

I've been trying to put hundreds of lbs of crap in a bag half the size all year since my buddy passed away in 2010. What a job! He was a parts collector and my shop partner so you can say the place looks like pick N pull between his Ford stuff and my MoPar suff! I went through and split up shelves so parts don't get piled up on top of each other. Then grouped stuff like dash switches, gauges, ignition parts, heads, cranks, etc.. I even made my welding cart into a high rise apartment! Your cart is good and the stacking of trannys is better yet! Keep moving up!

Attachments

• 2.21.11 organizing1 (Small).JPG
    2.21.11 organizing1 (Small).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC01670 (Small).JPG
    DSC01670 (Small).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC01672 (Small).JPG
    DSC01672 (Small).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 564
Wish I could stack my welding equipment but a Miller TIG Runner 250 is already big by itself and the MillerMatic 200 is too big to put on top of it! I used to stack my blocks 3 high end to end. Yeah, had to take the alignment pins out to do that but now I'm down to only 4 spare blocks instead of 12!

Yup, vertical storage is awesome! Just earlier this month, I was deep in that Mini car project, and I was stepping over stuff that I cursed myself out over stepping over them, hopefully, when I get this re-do done late this week, I won't have stuff to step over any longer!

Wish I could stack my welding equipment but a Miller TIG Runner 250 is already big by itself and the MillerMatic 200 is too big to put on top of it! I used to stack my blocks 3 high end to end. Yeah, had to take the alignment pins out to do that but now I'm down to only 4 spare blocks instead of 12!

:eek:

When you have limited space you start finding out how creative you can be!

Here's the shelving unit for the upstairs that I'm building to hold doors, glass, fenders, seats, bumpers, etc, it's almost done, my buddy Steve came down to 'help', but I work better alone and faster; you know, your friends come down and they want to offer their advice, etc, haha.
SanAntonio-20111229-00183.jpg
[/IMG]
SanAntonio-20111229-00182.jpg
[/IMG]

At least your friend looks like he's working. Mine just come by to BS and watch me work or give me something to work on!

Haha, he was holding the 2x4 on the end saying it would help stabilize the unit; when it needs no stabilizing, got one more shelf floor to put in, this things is stout!

Auto Transport Service
Back