• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clear coat over panther pink!

dont worry bout those clear coat runs bro. that just means you aint dry, dry is bad, wet=good.

:grin:

let r dry for a couple days and hit those runs with a really small block & wet paper, You can start with 600-800 if you like. Just make sure you use a hard block, wood or aluminum, no rubber. You want to cut the run, not anything around the run.

I have a little oak block for cutting clear goobs, it's probably only 1.5" x 2"

you are very right on the trash flaking from plastic, gotta be careful with that.

And if you can help it, keep the paint "fog" down by using as little are as you can get away with.

She looks good man, you have plenty of clear to work with there.

I'm a painter, and I tend to wet things out good. :grin:

Don't tell anybody but... I had a few clear runs in this little coupe.

100_4720.jpg

100_4684.jpg

She buffed out ok and yours will too.

:cool:

Nice car,good job,Clear coat runs are an easy fix.....You should have seen the first time I shot metallic paint it had a ton of hangers,trust me you cant just sand them off lol.

That thing looks beautiful !!

Just remember to hang "Wet Paint-Do Not Touch" signs on it whenever
you park it.

That pink is gonna be so sweet out in the sun, I can't wait to see pics of it unwrapped. I especially can't wait to see it after you are done with the buffing.

Looks great! I went through the same process as you, I painted my car in a homemade booth in my shop last October. I had about the same issues as you....I could have used more lighting, had a little trash in my paint...a couple of runs but it all buffed out good. I had two box fans blowing into the rear of the booth (through filters) and 2 pulling air out at the front (also through filters) and it cleared up pretty good, next time I might add another fan pulling, but all in all I was happy with how my car turned out.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Keep up the good work,
Jason

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back