• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch issue

Brendanchambers

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

i found my cars clutch pedal on the floor...!!!...after a bit of digging i found that the rod in the attached picture had unhooked at the joint.

the question is, is there meant to be some sort of circlip or something that holds these together, or is mine flogged out or something?

Excuse the cable ties, they're on there purely so i can move it around in the garage and driveway....

this is located behind the drivers front wheel.

20201231_095952.jpg

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/zbar-rebuild.139363/
Here ya go
Short answer, yes there is a special spring washer, and a plastic anti- squeak washer.
Several vendors sell them, most notably Brewers Performance.
Unfortunately I do not know a place local to you, but an Aussie Mopar guy might have some, they fit pretty much everything.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/zbar-rebuild.139363/
Here ya go
Short answer, yes there is a special spring washer, and a plastic anti- squeak washer.
Several vendors sell them, most notably Brewers Performance.
Unfortunately I do not know a place local to you, but an Aussie Mopar guy might have some, they fit pretty much everything.

thanks...i will get in contact with Brewers...its an unfortunate fact of life down under that most of the cost for parts seems to be the freight.....guessing its not going to be too bad this time considering the parts are tiny

I bought mine from Brewers. It fit perfect.

If I were paying for overseas shipping, i recommend one of Z bar service kits. It will include all clips washers, bearings, and seals. One kit has the ballstuds if you desire. If you ever have to take the z bar out, you'll have the parts in hand.
I just replaced the z bar on my 69 RR, not a hard job.

cool, i just found them locally at hemiperformance.com.au

thanks for your help guys.
It's always worth checking from the US suppliers - I've bought a few things from Hemi Performance but some of his prices are higher than the price plus postage from the US. Good luck with the car, hopefully you'll get the bugs ironed out over the next few weeks.

It's always worth checking from the US suppliers - I've bought a few things from Hemi Performance but some of his prices are higher than the price plus postage from the US. Good luck with the car, hopefully you'll get the bugs ironed out over the next few weeks.

Yeh, i have noticed that, this time it worked in their favour becuase the items were extremly cheap.
also, it is nice to have someone local....so if i can support a local business i will :)

Auto Transport Service
Back