• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch pedal firewall reinforcement bracket

dsd1967

Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
I have one and know where it goes but I don’t know how it is retained on the firewall. Is it tack welded or did they use retaining washers on the inside?

If welded was it a spot weld or a mig weld. Any reference pictures would be helpful

Drill two holes where the dimples are in the firewall, then the bolts that hold the clutch pedal assembly in place will hold that bracket inside the engine compartment . . . Hope that helps.

I thought they were spot welded. I took a couple 4 speed cars apart back in the 80s and remembered they didn’t just fall out. I just didn’t remember how they were retained. Thanks for the response

What year?

As stated, drill where the dimples are. In some years the support bracket inside has captive studs, push it through the holes and install the reinforcement plate then the nuts.

I’m putting it in a 67. The firewall bracket I have has the studs and the pedal bracket has holes. I’ll just tack the bracket to the firewall

Auto Transport Service
Back