• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLutch pedal Stiffener

CandianRunner69

Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone... just wondering if anyone has experiance with install the clutch stiffener bracket on firewall. Got a 69 clone runner that was previously converted from Auto to manual. I've read that these are helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Are you speaking of the factory bar firewall plate with two studs that passes through from the engine side and secures the left side of the clutch pedal bracket to the firewall with 2 nuts? Not sure about helpful but they definitely tie the pedal group assembly together with the firewall. I’ve seen the stud plate reproduced do it’s available.

Yes that is exactly what I'm referring to !! Just wondering if anyonew has installed this and how challenging it is to install.

Yes that is exactly what I'm referring to !! Just wondering if anyonew has installed this and how challenging it is to install.
It shouldn't be too difficult. There are two dimples on the firewall to locate where to drill for the small strap that has two studs that comes through the engine side of the firewall which the bracket that you are referring to, bolts onto. Then I believe one more bolt by the brake pedal assembly.

Auto Transport Service
Back