• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLUTCH PEDAL

paul1969cars

Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Just put in stock style borg clutch and I maintained the spring as well under the dash.
The clutch doesn't return all the way back up. Car shifts great just clutch pedal issue
And i do have the cutch spring on fork as well.

How to adjust?

Set your freeplay properly. Currently your throwout bearing is too far from the pressure plate

Attached is schematic. See where i indicated in red arrow. I assume this is the adjustment.

Set your freeplay properly. Currently your throwout bearing is too far from the pressure plate
tranny adjustment.png

I smelled clutch and the pedal didnt come up so i figured something was off

What's happening is the Over Center spring for the pedal is releasing pressure from the spring load of the plate and allowing slip.

It need to be adjusted properly to have the OC spring pull the pedal to the up stop.

That spring works in both directions.
It helps your leg release the disc and also pulls the pedal up once past its "center" position.

What's happening is the Over Center spring for the pedal is releasing pressure from the spring load of the plate and allowing slip.

It need to be adjusted properly to have the OC spring pull the pedal to the up stop.

That spring works in both directions.
It helps your leg release the disc and also pulls the pedal up once past its "center" position.
thanks

Hold the clutch fork back with your hand and with the other turn the nut out until you have about 3/16 of slop between fork end and push rod nut. That should give you about 1" of play at the pedal and it should make it come all the way up.

Hold the clutch fork back with your hand and with the other turn the nut out until you have about 3/16 of slop between fork end and push rod nut. That should give you about 1" of play at the pedal and it should make it come all the way up.
thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back