• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Case Radiator MOP754A Install in 70 Coronet R/T (440/Auto A/C)

shanker

Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
I got my radiator today and installed it.... Cold Case MOP754A

Original Thread: https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...g-replacement-radiator-70-coronet-r-t.190541/

First Two Pictures showing the the radiator wasn't quite wide enough to fit w/o modification. Very minor and easy to correct.
(Passenger Side)
RadInstall01.jpg

Second (Drivers Side):
RadInstall02.jpg

Red Marker showing where I had to widen the lower tabs to fit the lower core support bolts.
RadInstall03.jpg

Radiator in, hoses mounted, trans lines hooked up.

RadInstall04.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to run to the hardware store and get some hardware to mount the fan shroud then flush the system and add new coolant. (using DI water)

My thoughts are that the radiator is what was advertised, it looks like a quality unit and I expect that it will cool the factory 440 with ease. It visually appears to be way better than a Champion radiator that I had previously purchased for a 440 Ramcharger (had to return because it didn't fit)

I expected that there may be some slight modification needed to bolt it up and I am not at all whatsoever upset about doing it as it took me longer to get the tools to open up the mounting tabs than it did to actually use them.

I was under the impression that these had an OE look to them and it looks nothing like an OEM radiator. I kinda wish I would have asked the Sales guy that more directly. I'm not a fan of the polished tanks, but I'm sure some people would be, just not me.

I gotta give the guys at Cold Case a thumbs up though, it met my requirements of bolting up with no modifications to the car and the fan shroud mounts right up. Personally though, I'd prefer the tank to be stamped like an OE tank like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1972-...ator-Road-Runner-Challenger-Cuda/301546384651

it's quite a bit cheaper and the reason why I didn't order it was because I couldn't figure out who the manufacturer was in order to do a search for them on all the mopar forums.

I have bought 2 from Autocity in the eBay ad you posted. Both fit with no modifications and I painted them radiator black myself. No cooling issues and exact fit. Brand ACC.

I'd prefer the tank to be stamped like an OE tank like this one:
In order to fit the dual 1 1/4" tube core, we had to make the tanks bigger and therefore sacrifice some originality.
If you dust that with a metal etching primer and paint it black, it will look very original to all except a real Mopar expert. :)

I ordered 1 and had the same mounting issue with tab not lining up no big deal just used 3 bolts also 1 of the transmission line hole was drilled crooked fitting threads in just fine. Overall nice product though

I ordered 1 and had the same mounting issue with tab not lining up no big deal just used 3 bolts also 1 of the transmission line hole was drilled crooked fitting threads in just fine. Overall nice product though

if that's the case Ccas needs to check their jig.

Auto Transport Service
Back