• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color change?

Lowhound

Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Im working on a 70 Superbee,383,4 speed. Originally came in F-5. I have never liked this color & am thinking of changing it. Can anyone tell me approx how many came in Panther Pink? And was that a special ordered paint. Im leaning toward Plum Crazy at the moment but my twin GIRLS keep after me to go with pink. I guess it could be a Barbie Bee.

I wouldn't even begin to know how many were in Panther Pink but the Plum crazy on the 1970 Bee would look great!

A panther pink car is pretty cool and my girls would love it, I would have kept it PP if the car is 100 % original.
Also new for 1970, was the high impact paint colors such as Plum Crazy and Panther Pink. The Panther Pink ended up being the rarest color chosen for Super Bees with only 39 models ordered. Plum Crazy purple ended up being the most common 1970 Super Bee color, with 1926 cars painted the distinctive shade.

http://musclecarfacts.net/1970-super-bee.html

Auto Transport Service
Back