• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Column shift w/headers? 65 belvedere

Hosehead

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has used a 66 column shift steering column with mechanical shift linkage and headers in an early b? I was looking at either Tti or Dougs. Just curious about fit. I also have the Schumacher motor mount brackets that adapt a 440 to the original 318 poly k-frame. The car is a 65 Bel2 and I have a '71 440 and 727 trans. I know it's a reach but I thought I'd ask. Thanks everyone!!

I'm using a three on the tree column on my 67 R/T I just removed the shift lever and cut off the levers that connect to the linkage that went to the transmission. It clears the headers with no problems.

I put a set Schumacher Tri Y headers on my 383/ 67 Coronet, It has the column shift auto set up, all oem shift linkage.
know your looking at other headers but I just wanted to pass along the Tri Ys will work.
67 I am pretty sure is the 1st year for the colapsable column but I think the shift linkage is the same set up as 66

Thanks fellas. I was mainly concerned with the header clearing the 66 style linkage in a 65 Plymouth.(getting rid of the cable shift stuff). I think it will work though. If anyone has experience with a 65 b-body, let me know. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back