• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comments about purists and haters is getting really old

I concur haters will be haters. But I haven't see the elusive Mad Purist Hatter. What do they look like?
... I'm not trying to single out any one group.. You ought to know I'm not the PC type either, I speak my mind always... I just don't think you see it in the same light, as some others might see it, it goes both ways, period... I'm not going to give any examples, this has gone far enough & just stirring the pot, needlessly now, it will make bitter enemies of people that really shouldn't be...

- - - Updated - - -

your funny what are you the damn spelling police now...LOL... HATTER's just my fat fingers & not spell checking stuff I guess... about as silly as the damn Mad Hatter

No offense Budnicks I was just playing around and had been resisting it but was in a playful mood today like I'm thinking all of you are. I love your knowledge and experience and i'm sorry I offended you :). You have probably forgot much much more than I'll ever know brother

No offense Budnicks I was just playing around and had been resisting it but was in a playful mood today like I'm thinking all of you are. I love your knowledge and experience and i'm sorry I offended you :). You have probably forgot much much more than I'll ever know brother

Tallhair no worries it's all good, it's pretty damn hard to truly offend me & you didn't... I was being sarcastic too, just my bad dry humor sometimes I guess... I just don't want to see people get pushed out of shape, over a word or ideology of a car build... I'm playing both sides of the fence, so to speak, sometimes too...LOL....

this has gone far enough & just stirring the pot, needlessly now, it will make bitter enemies of people that really shouldn't be

Thanks for bringing it back to the point of this thread ... and that is exactly the reason I started it Budnicks. BINGO and thanks. Maybe people will listen to you more than me :)

Well, I missed out on all the fun of this thread. and having read through the entire thing I will just make one point....Some of the purists that have been mentioned, might not be ones on this web site. I'm thinking of some of the "people" at car shows that might be considered "purists" Some of those people like to spout off about what is correct or not.

I haven't seen much here that should ruffle too many people.

I'm sure you have the best intentions with your advice. And you really didn't mean to be condescending with your reference by being the "adult in the room". I'm new to this forum, and I also had no idea what I was getting into when my dad gave me one of his Roadrunners that had been sitting on my grandmother's property for 34 years. I'm a hell of a metal worker and pretty damned skilled at mechanicals. But, I'm also a poor *** teacher with a limited budget. If I can fully restore this Roadrunner, I will. Until then, I will do the best I can to get it on the road again, because that's more restored than it was last year. Unless the purists or whoever plan on rotisserie restoring every single surviving MOPAR left on the planet, they will just have to live with guys like me. I will offer advice when I have it, and will ask for advice when I need it. I fully expect someone to say "I would only use…" when they give their opinion, because that's what an opinion is. But the last thing I need is someone else to raise me and suggest to me what I'm getting into. If my, or anyone else's, intention is to get their car fully restored to factory specs, and life forces some adjustments, then so be it. It's my bed. People need to get over themselves. A collaborative community is not like that.

And thanks for that brother well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I missed out on all the fun of this thread. and having read through the entire thing I will just make one point....Some of the purists that have been mentioned, might not be ones on this web site. I'm thinking of some of the "people" at car shows that might be considered "purists" Some of those people like to spout off about what is correct or not.

I haven't seen much here that should ruffle too many people.

BOOM !

Rodney King Quote

Only you RC/DH...LOL... I though of posting that Rodney King quote, "can't we all just get along", not that video, but I didn't... I was thinking I would be thought of as too much of a damn smart A$$... he he ha ha

I really like most of the guys here, most that have commented on my non correct "pure" thread have been very respectful of my build and have been encouraging "Tallhair being a regular". There have been a few small remarks here and there about the scoop or wheel size but in all I'm not going to complain but instead thank everyone for they're input and suggestions. This is a great bunch of guys that seem to be able to put they're own preferences aside and be helpful regardless of the direction one is taking. To be honest I'm glad I don't have a fender tag and my VIN says 2013 self built charger "try telling me what my car was" it's a Charger and to me that's all that matters. Thanks guys

The original post had to do more with reverse snobbery than anybody's particular build-style, wheel size, engine choice, or upholstery material. I've done it myself, I've said that pissing off the purists is one of life's little pleasures. I said it, however, in response to the unsolicited flaming I got from "purists" because I installed an HEI ignition in my Mopar and had the nerve to be excited over the results and offer whatever help I could to other members considering a similar conversion. Honestly tho, its not members of FBBO that I like to tweak because I like pretty much everybody here. It's more the know-it-all jerkoffs at car shows and gas stations that desperately need thier brains pissed on a little. Sure, I'll listen to an unasked-for opinion...but there will most likely be one offered in return.

Auto Transport Service
Back