• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cone type sure grip question

I think it is 30 ft lbs.

Dry torque for 3/8" is 40 but reduce that for 'wet' or lubed by 40%. I use red loc-tite and go with 35 lbs. Inspect the bolts for stretch if you think someone has been in it before. Heck, doesn't hurt to inspect them anyways. Never know what the tech was doing at the factory when it was assembled.

Dry torque for 3/8" is 40 but reduce that for 'wet' or lubed by 40%. I use red loc-tite and go with 35 lbs. Inspect the bolts for stretch if you think someone has been in it before. Heck, doesn't hurt to inspect them anyways. Never know what the tech was doing at the factory when it was assembled.

Thats what I torqued them to before asking the question. I guess I'll take them out one at a time now and apply Locktite and retorque them to 35. for the help. I'm an old mopar guy but I'm new at working on rear ends.

Perhaps, you should CONSIDER replacing the bolts with hardware by ARP, assembled wet torqued to the ARP specs, using Red Loctite as as suggested. Good insursnce....
BOB RENTON

Perhaps, you should CONSIDER replacing the bolts with hardware by ARP, assembled wet torqued to the ARP specs, using Red Loctite as as suggested. Good insursnce....
BOB RENTON
Doesn't red Loc-tite need the threads to be dry for it to be effective?

These were installed for years using just wrenches and worked. All of a sudden everyone's worried about torque. Not sure what the worlds comeing to.

Auto Transport Service
Back