• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connecticut Members, need an auto repair shop recommendation

Pool Fixer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi my daughter lives in west hartford, Ct. she has a newer Chevy trax with low miles. Check engine light came on. I’m sure it’s nothing crazy and I’d rather not have her take it to the dealer. Do any of you know an honest shop near west hartford?

Is it still under warranty? If so, take it to the dealer. Could be a recall, TSB, PCM flash etc.

I go to this place but 20 miles from Hartford, to far? K&J Automotive. 203-879-2322 Ask for Joe.

Is it still under warranty? If so, take it to the dealer. Could be a recall, TSB, PCM flash etc.
2018 so no warranty. Stability control light came and went right before check engine. My money is on a wheel speed sensor gacked up. She’s not coming home for another minute month or I’d tell her to just get it here. I could scan it it and decide whether to try to fix it or take it to my guy.

I may end up going up there.

Auto Transport Service
Back